Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Night Owl?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, with the way we are losing users, I am wondering if we can get some new blood to join. If not...
    I don't think enough people know about this site. I came to it quite by happenstance. Also, I think the fact that people can be brutally honest and snarky kind of keeps the snowflakes away. I have enjoyed sparring, getting mad, and getting along, in equal measure. But, my skin is thick. It's a shame that people get scared away by straight talk.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    I said 10 years ago that I would NEVER be back on CTT and dammit - I meant it ...

3. LOL Rick, txswimmer, ethelm LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnricheson View Post
    I said 10 years ago that I would NEVER be back on CTT and dammit - I meant it ...
    I think, by far, you get the award for the most entertaining member. Love to read your latest legal exploits. How did it turn out for your buddy who got the deferred on the retaliation? You went kind of silent on that. Did he get off? Were the suits successful?

And, being an IT geek who can hack anyone - what is your position on "hacktivism?" Do you think Bradley Manning, or Edward Snowden, or Julian Assange are heroes, or outlaws, or a bit of both? Just curious.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

5. LOL shawnricheson LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ya, with the way we are losing users, I am wondering if we can get some new blood to join. If not...
    Just to note how many people come here.
    This week you have had approximately 20 posters (some of them rarely post) and about 13 lurkers.

Oddly, the "Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 29" at the bottom of the page shows 5 more than that, so I would guess there are 5 people who lurk here using the 'cloaking' feature. Possibly members of law enforcement or media.

I do agree the honesty in here probably scares some of them away.
    Last edited by Mestral; September 22nd, 2021 at 4:17 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

7. Likes shawnricheson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnricheson View Post
    I think I remember that?LOL

9. Likes shawnricheson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I think, by far, you get the award for the most entertaining member. Love to read your latest legal exploits. How did it turn out for your buddy who got the deferred on the retaliation? You went kind of silent on that. Did he get off? Were the suits successful?

And, being an IT geek who can hack anyone - what is your position on "hacktivism?" Do you think Bradley Manning, or Edward Snowden, or Julian Assange are heroes, or outlaws, or a bit of both? Just curious.
    1) Travis Sheppard ( who allegedly retaliated against a Brazos County Judge ) is about to be released from deferred adjudication, so I am told by his dad last week.

2) Our Federal suit was shoved up my/his - A--. But it did get everyone's attention, and the Texas trooper got stomped for illegally using Texas State resources to help his buddy in a divorce proceeding, that was banging Travis's wife.

3) I am on the fence on Snowden. He is an NSA contractor that abused his access, and exploited his friends. But his information was extremely useful to people I hang with.

4) Julian Assange is a hero in my book. He will be back on the scene very soon.

11. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Just to note how many people come here.
    This week you have had approximately 20 posters (some of them rarely post) and about 13 lurkers.

Oddly, the "Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 29" at the bottom of the page shows 5 more than that, so I would guess there are 5 people who lurk here using the 'cloaking' feature. Possibly members of law enforcement or media.

I do agree the honesty in here probably scares some of them away.
    It IS possible to 'lurk' here for a short time without logging in. I've sometimes forgotten to log in on occasion, and I've been able to read some posts, before getting a reminder that I have reached the end of my "free access", and need to register or just sign in. Maybe some people just up and leave when they get "caught"?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    It IS possible to 'lurk' here for a short time without logging in. I've sometimes forgotten to log in on occasion, and I've been able to read some posts, before getting a reminder that I have reached the end of my "free access", and need to register or just sign in. Maybe some people just up and leave when they get "caught"?
    That is possible, but I think they are using the method I used to use, when the forum had nearly 100 posters.
    Click here:
    http://www.centextalk.com/vb/profile.php?do=editoptions
    The first item on the list should be:
    Invisible Mode:
    Invisible Mode on
    Invisible Mode off
    Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
    Click "Invisible Mode" and it won't list you, but it will count you, in the statistics.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a lurker in a voyeuristic way, I just listen more than I post. Sometimes it is because I generally agree, sometimes I don't think its worth an argument. I do enjoy the forum and will try to contribute more. Thanks to all for years worth of enlightenment, entertainment, education, and a little angst.

15. Thanks Rick, Mestral, txswimmer thanked this post
    Likes madasheck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you and everyone else for being a member all these years.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast