Thread: RG3 is back...headed to ESPN.

Post Thanks / Like

RG3 is back...headed to ESPN.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...wHc?li=BBnb7Kz

Excerpt:
    Griffin III, 31, has reportedly accepted an offer from ESPN to become a football analyst.

NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport first reported the news on Thursday morning.

“Veteran free agent QB and budding broadcasting talent Robert Griffin III is headed to ESPN, source said. He still wants to play and has an out in his contract if opportunity arises. But he’s a broadcaster now with a very high ceiling,” he reports.

Multiple networks were reportedly in a “bidding war” for Griffin’s services. He reportedly looked great in multiple broadcasting auditions.

The New York Post reported on the bidding war for RG3 earlier this summer:

ESPN has upped its offer after Fox showed heavy interest in Griffin as an NFL and college football analyst. Now both networks are waiting to see whether Griffin will try to play again or retires from the NFL to move into TV. Even if Griffin does decide to play, TV will be waiting for him when he ultimately retires. (Outkick first reported ESPN’s and Fox’s interest in Griffin.)

If this is it for Griffin on the field, it will be odd to see him retiring at the age of 31. However, prominent sports broadcasting gigs are pretty great jobs if you can land one (just ask Tony Romo).
    Last edited by gnatsum; August 5th, 2021 at 11:51 AM.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

2. Thanks fchafey, txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw him as a young kid throwing a football flatfooted up hill to his dad at the golf course from Armadillo 9 to up where the carts are. Really strong arm. Good luck to him, hope is articulate, interesting, and good on TV.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    RGIII can thank Mike Shanahan for ruining his NFL career. RGIII was never the same after blowing out his knee when he was the starter for the REDSKINS. RGIII won rookie of the year and took the REDSKINS to the playoffs. In the game against Seattle, RGIII hurt his knee but stayed in the game. Shanahan knew RGIII was hurt but wouldn't pull him. RGIII then blows out his knee on the next drive and he was never the same. The next season Shanahan benched RGIII for Cousins. Just 1 year prior the REDSKINS had selected RGIII with the 2nd overall pick in the draft and he had won rookie of the year after a stellar rookie season. It is believed by many that RGIII was not Shanahan's pick but Dan Snyders so Shanahan didn't like him. Just a bit of historical info....now back to the regularly scheduled program.

5. Thanks gnatsum thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    RGIII came into the league hurt. He missed a year of football at Baylor because of a torn ACL. I guess one could say he was on borrowed time from the start. Shanahan just ran him until he dropped.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another example of why running Quarterbacks don't make it in the NFL.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, they don't last very long that's for sure...one bad hit and they're done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, ..under wrong topic..
    Watched Hard Knocks tonight with the Cowboys. Sorry to say I was pretty disappointed, imo. ...Jerry Jones seems to have reached a little of the dementia stage, ...the Cowboys, coaches and players, can't talk without using the F bomb, it seems. I would hope they could watch their language at least when they know they are miked.. McCarthy does not seem to be the leader like I believe the Cowboys need (would much rather have seen the Jimmy Johnson type hired as coach...strong, disciplinary, energetic, demanding type coach), and.....seems like many players are just going thru the motions. Was really hoping the Cowboys would have a little different culture this year, but I don't believe much has changed......I was glad, however, to see Prescott's ankle has healed. His ankle was an ugly, traumatic type injury...He has a very strange arm injury,...do hope it heals soon.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 11th, 2021 at 12:09 AM.