Thread: A Simple Explanation of Baseball

Post Thanks / Like

A Simple Explanation of Baseball

My first cousin from Germany came over for a visit while the woman was watching baseball. He asked me to explain the game so I told him I'd try to keep it short and simple.

Baseball is a game played by two teams, one out, the other in.
    The one that's in sends players out one at a time to see if they can get in before they get out.
    If they get out before they get in, they come in, but it doesn't count.
    If they get in before they get out, it does count.

When the ones out get three outs from the ones in before they get in without being out, the team that's out comes in and the team in goes out to get those going in out before they get in without being out.

When both teams have been in and out nine times, the game is over.
    The team with the most in without being out before coming in wins unless the ones in are equal.
    In which case, the last ones in go out to get the ones in out before they get in without being out.

The game will end when each team has the same number of ins out but one team has more in without being out before coming in.

Do you have any questions?

He said, "Can you call an Uber for me?"
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My first cousin from Germany came over for a visit while the woman was watching baseball. He asked me to explain the game so I told him I'd try to keep it short and simple.

Baseball is a game played by two teams, one out, the other in.
    The one that's in sends players out one at a time to see if they can get in before they get out.
    If they get out before they get in, they come in, but it doesn't count.
    If they get in before they get out, it does count.

When the ones out get three outs from the ones in before they get in without being out, the team that's out comes in and the team in goes out to get those going in out before they get in without being out.

When both teams have been in and out nine times, the game is over.
    The team with the most in without being out before coming in wins unless the ones in are equal.
    In which case, the last ones in go out to get the ones in out before they get in without being out.

The game will end when each team has the same number of ins out but one team has more in without being out before coming in.

Do you have any questions?

He said, "Can you call an Uber for me?"
    but it was a pretty good game today!....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers are on a hot streak. 2 whole wins in a row, and both due to a walk off home run by Jonah Heim... But the face the LA Angels next, and that will be a tough nut to crack. Oh... and basebal is one game where the defense starts with the ball in their possession.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    They acutally beat the LA Angels last night. My wife says that now she can once again wear her Rangers Tee shirt.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    She can take off her Rangers Tee now. They were trashed yesterday.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. I have been trying to get it off of her for a day now. Finally saw it in the wash basket, so I know it is a done deal.

Waiting now to see how the game tonight goes. Woody leaves bad pitchers in too long, but that isn't all his fault because he has nothing but bad pitchers in his bullpen. Plus, they traded their only decent starter the other day.

Old "Folty" needs to disappear next.