Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UT and Oklahoma going to the SEC

Post Thanks / Like

UT and Oklahoma going to the SEC

It seems like Texas and OU are headed to the SEC. It is all about the money, and secondarily the prestige. No doubt .with these two the SEC would be THE Super conference in the country. The word is that it will cost UT about 75 million to get out of the Big 12 contract and UT would have to do away with the Lonhorn Network, but..they will still come out making millions more. ......I'm thinking that Sarkesian and Riley are both quietly thinking...Ohhh crap, I hope we don't, (to put what they are thinking very, very nicely)...but, they will have no say in this decision...Read where a Texas legislator this morning said no problem for the Big 12.... Texas State and UNT could just step in and take their places. LOL...I don't think so. ...IF UT and OU leave, I give the Big 12 two years, maybe, before the conference is disbanded, ... and all of the present members will be conference hunting.
    I especially hate to hear this with UT on the verge of very probably being the best they have been in a long time.
    and ...Will miss the UT, OU state fair game every year, also...
    ...hate to think about A&M being so unhappy. (They are very much against letting them in, of course) They DO NOT want this to happen.
    Last edited by sickofpc; July 23rd, 2021 at 8:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My take on this....goodbye, good riddance, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's going to leave, what, 8 teams in the Big 12? ..........
    Go figure. College/University folks can't count.
    Big 12 has 10 member schools right now.
    Big 10 has 14 member schools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone who PRAYED that there would be a Texas/Texas A&M football game, within the next three years, raise your hands!

Your prayers have been answered.

Will be interesting to have annual games between, say, OU and Auburn, and Texas and...Alabama....
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Roll TIDE!

6. LOL gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone who PRAYED that there would be a Texas/Texas A&M football game, within the next three years, raise your hands!

Your prayers have been answered.

Will be interesting to have annual games between, say, OU and Auburn, and Texas and...Alabama....
    Certainly wouldn't be worthy of a prayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Different schools now trying to get into Big Ten, Pac 10, as well as SEC...Word is SEC is thinking of trying to get OSU and Michigan...what a mess this might turn out to be, but....nothing is going to happen for a couple of years, anyway.
    I wonder, with football players able to get paid as underclassment now for endorsements, pictures, products, etc. .....will it be long before underclass football players will demand to be able to go pro after one year like college basketball players...using the fear of getting injured in college and losing their chances at the pros as reasoning?

Post Thanks / Like
    OSU and Michigan...and Auburn and Alabama...and Texas and A&M...and OU and Okla State (the other OSU... ) Don't forget Nebraska...who else belongs "in"?

Do I detect the beginnings of a college "superconference', where only the top 25 football schools play only each other?

Then there will be ANOTHER "superconference", but only for basketball, and maybe one for baseball...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard somewhere that this change will not happen until 2025 because of contracts. Does anyone know if this is true?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what the news is stating. 2025 is the date until something else happens.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. Thanks birdfriend thanked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast