Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2021 Olympics in Tokyo

Post Thanks / Like
    Another bright spot in the games: After months of controversy around trans Laurel Hubbard’s presence at the Games, his actual involvement lasted barely 15 minutes on Monday night. The New Zealand weightlifter bowed out of the Women’s +87 kg. Division after three no-lifts in the Snatch, meaning he didn’t even progress to the clean and jerk at his first Olympics. He was first of the 10 finalists to leave.

Sometimes I'm tempted to believe in Karma; this is one of those times.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I am actually pulling against the U.S. Women's Soccer Team because of their decision to kneel for the national anthem. In other words, I'm in the company of probably plenty of people rocking the Red, White and Blue celebrating their loss to Canada on Monday.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... I see Simone has miraculously overcome her problem of "air awareness" and has announced she is now ready to return to the field for further competition. As far as I am concerned, when one says I quit, they are done... Evidently that is not the case in Simones case. Shame.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simone got a bronze. Good for her. Event over , now its time to go, maybe the Today show.....I will watch Equestrian tonight. Jessica Springsteen is riding her horse Don. Yep, the Boss's daughter. Hope she does well. Women's golf starts tomorrow.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5