Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Olympics in Tokyo

Post Thanks / Like
    The wife and I were talking about the new events this year and making comments about synchronized underwater skateboarding and team gender neutral weaving.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it make me unpatriotic to hope that every USA team loses if said team has players on it that want nothing more then to protest the very country they're supposed to be representing? Women's soccer team? Hope they lose big. Men's basketball? Hope they're humiliated and Popovich is never allowed near a US Olympic team again. Like I said in an earlier post, If I wanted to see spoiled athletes who hate their country I'd watch the NFL.

4. Likes Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is part of the biggest reason many are taking this whole Olympics thing with a grain of salt. Many of the participants are there for the publicity, and not primarily to represent their country.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's sports, one can watch it and for me when politics interferes, off it goes. Just like music....and comedy too. George Lopez is coming to ACL late in august. There was a time i would have stood in line to see him. Funny as ever, not any more....well gotta go, am pretty emotionally drained over Simone Biles withdrawing, need to go to Behavior Health and get some warm and fuzzy....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing to see how many people are saying that it is a good thing Biles withdrew, to focus on her mental health.
    I wonder if those same people would say the same thing if Peyton Manning withdrew from the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl to focus on his mental health.
    Or if they would be supportive of Michael Jordan pulling himself out of game 7 of the NBA finals.

10. Thanks fchafey, sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, sojourner truth, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The US women soccer team lost in the semifinals and will not play for gold.

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The US women soccer team lost in the semifinals and will not play for gold.
    Good!

14. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like Simone Biles has found a way to make bucks without doing anything but being Simone Biles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I'm glad that Simone Biles is feeling better mentally even though she let her teammates down. That's sarcasm for those of you who don't recognize it.

I can just imagine Tom Brady in last years Super Bowl telling his team at the half "I'm just not feeling it today boys; gonna sit out the 2nd half and get my mind right."

If Simone Biles was in such a state of mind that she couldn't compete then maybe she should have spoken up BEFORE flying to Tokyo. Once there she should have sucked it up and gritted it out. But, she has her "woke" supporters all in her corner saying how strong she was for taking care of herself first regardless how she left her teammates in a jam.

17. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The young lady who took over the Simone Biles slot won a medal. I'm happy for her. Where people get the idea that the group of gymnasts is a team is beyond me. IMHO, as far as the US competitors are concerned there is no nation, there is no team, there is only "I" that matters. That's why the Olympics have lost my interest.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

19. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast