Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suppressors are legal in Texas. Sep 1st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My son has a couple suppressors. I have fired both subsonic and supersonic ammo with them.

The subsonic is pretty neat. You can hear the bullet hitting the target. If you've ever watched Seal Team on CBS, It's pretty close to how it sounds on that show.

2. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bolt slamming back makes the biggest racket. It's loud. Semi auto.

Bolt action is a world different.

AR15 with a suppressor. You gotta be close to hear it. It sounds loud to you but down range, not so much. Perception of the position.

Things make noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My suppressor will be for both my AR 15 and this one, my .300 blk pistol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You know what gets me about the whole suppressor garbage. You have to pay for a tax stamp and go through a background check waiting period for every suppressor you buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what gets me about the whole suppressor garbage. You have to pay for a tax stamp and go through a background check waiting period for every suppressor you buy.
    Keeps people in the government employed and generates revenue. A win for them... not so much for you.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For sure. I am not planning on getting more than one. Even without the tax stamp, they are still expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    For sure. I am not planning on getting more than one. Even without the tax stamp, they are still expensive.
    But after September 1 you can get more without the hassle as long as it's made in Texas and you use it in Texas.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I did not know that! Do you have to give up your model and serial# too? or date, time, and location of purchase........or who/what you purchased it from?.......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    But after September 1 you can get more without the hassle as long as it's made in Texas and you use it in Texas.
    and not only that, but some times you can buy 'em, have it 'fitted and attached here at one of the "greatest gun shows" when we have them in town....mac (first booth on the left when you walk in, here.......without any documentation what so ever.,.....well, I should prob'ly add, as recent as 6 years ago, at least..........mac
    Last edited by mac; July 15th, 2021 at 12:05 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Wow! I did not know that! Do you have to give up your model and serial# too? or date, time, and location of purchase........or who/what you purchased it from?.......mac
    Each suppressor has to have it's own tax stamp.

Most of the dealers have the kiosk to apply. It's supposed to be faster and less prone to errors than filing paper applications.

I did mine through the Silencer Shop near Lakeline mall since someone who hunts on my property works there.

I'm getting the Dead Air Nomad https://www.silencershop.com/silence...r-nomad-l.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast