Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suppressors are legal in Texas. Sep 1st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But after September 1 you can get more without the hassle as long as it's made in Texas and you use it in Texas.
    I wonder how many silencer dealers will actually participate in that since I am sure the feds will try to take their FFL and prosecute them if they do sell them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I wonder how many silencer dealers will actually participate in that since I am sure the feds will try to take their FFL and prosecute them if they do sell them.
    There's already been a couple of guys busted but it wasn't in Texas. They tried to make and sell them. Ruby Ridge type deal with a retail service.

The real value in this is being able to make your own for 1/5 the cost of a store bought. I'm sure some will be sold but it won't be through dealers. Someone will call it a solvent trap with internal cleaning holes. People sell completed 80 percent lowers but unless you're buying it. You won't know it's being sold. See no evil...

The biggy is the first people to find such a thing. The local police. Which are under zero pressure to submit the findings to the feds. It's not illegal in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock View Post
    There's already been a couple of guys busted but it wasn't in Texas. They tried to make and sell them. Ruby Ridge type deal with a retail service.

The real value in this is being able to make your own for 1/5 the cost of a store bought. I'm sure some will be sold but it won't be through dealers. Someone will call it a solvent trap with internal cleaning holes. People sell completed 80 percent lowers but unless you're buying it. You won't know it's being sold. See no evil...

The biggy is the first people to find such a thing. The local police. Which are under zero pressure to submit the findings to the feds. It's not illegal in Texas.
    grasshopper: can you rework that phrase somehow? I don't understand it...........did you intend to type the word"unless" or is that s'posed to be something else?......mac
    Last edited by mac; July 15th, 2021 at 4:21 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    grasshopper: can you rework that phrase somehow? I don't understand it...........did you intend to type the word"unless" or is that s'posed to be something else?......mac

"People sell completed 80 percent lowers but if you're not the one buying it. You won't know it's being sold. See no evil..."

"Which are under zero pressure to report the findings to the feds."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock View Post
    "People sell completed 80 percent lowers but if you're not the one buying it. You won't know it's being sold. See no evil..."

"Which are under zero pressure to report the findings to the feds."
    ok, i got it. one of the girls straightened me out.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    ok, i got it. one of the girls straightened me out.....mac
    Mr Mac. Things that have no serial number. (A counter example being a store bought suppressor or lower receiver that does.) Can't be tracked. If you see some guy target shooting and it looks like he's using a 80% lower. Nobody has any idea if he built it, bought the CNC machine, 3d printed it, or bought it.

That's the whole drive behind this. Enjoying your rights to include the privacy they afford. No Federal government permanent file on your purchases or handy work.
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; July 15th, 2021 at 4:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3