Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elliott Disqualified four Four Loose Lug Nuts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Elliott Disqualified four Four Loose Lug Nuts

And of course, life long cheater Knaus, claims that they vibrated loose.

Elliott cried on Twitter with a question. "If it had come off and we crash, we would then get to keep our stage points? Honest question"

Boo boo.

LEBANON, Tenn. ? NASCAR disqualified Chase Elliott after his car was found to have four lug nuts not secure after Sunday?s race at Nashville Superspeedway.

Elliott finished 13th and scored 38 points. Elliott fell from fifth to 13th in the last 30 laps.

The disqualification drops Elliott to last in the 39-car field and scores one point. He also loses his playoff point for winning the first stage. Kurt Busch is now credited with winning the first stage and gets the playoff point.

?It?s unfortunate,? said Chad Knaus, vice president of competition for Hendrick Motorsports. ?The lug nuts on the No. 9 were loose at the end of the race. At the end of the race Chase had a vibration. There were quite a few tire issues through the course of the day so they were hopeful that it was just a cord or something in the tire that was creating the vibration so they chose to run the race out. It?s unfortunate that the lug nuts vibrated loose on the left rear and now we are sitting here with a disqualification for the 9 team.?

Hendrick Motorsports teammate#Kyle Larson won Sunday?s race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago me, my son in law and his dad were sitting on Jr.s pit wall at Texas Motor Speedway as cars were being pushed up onto the track. Robert looks down on the ground an sees three of Juniors lug nuts laying there as he picked them up this fellow walking by asked him in earnest if they were Jr's lug nuts, to which Robert replied yes Sir....the guy offered to buy one, Robert just handed him one and said enjoy your day. You would have thought Robert gave him an emerald or sapphire....amazing, I looked at him and said, see that is how you lost the war.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's cool. The way Junior drove, he didn't need them anyway..Haha

4. LOL TheOldProgrammer, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And of course, life long cheater Knaus, claims that they vibrated loose.................
    I must be missin' something. Is there a speed or handling benefit to driving one of these cars with loose lug nut(s)?.....I would kind of bet that ole Mr. H will be on Knaus like white on rice over this one......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Faster pit stops, Mac.

A couple years ago, there was no rule that they had to put lug nuts on, but the drivers didn't like that since it was their necks on the line, so NASCAR said fine, put them all on or there will be consequences.

Their main complaint was that NASCAR has gone to great lengths to create a safer race in recent years, and then they compromise safety by not requiring lug nuts.

7. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Faster pit stops, Mac.

A couple years ago, there was no rule that they had to put lug nuts on, but the drivers didn't like that since it was their necks on the line, so NASCAR said fine, put them all on or there will be consequences.

Their main complaint was that NASCAR has gone to great lengths to create a safer race in recent years, and then they compromise safety by not requiring lug nuts.
    I know we're s'posed to be as Stock as possible and that our bread and butter is s'posed to be and, at one time, was the local track and that NASCAR is s'posed to be trying to reduce costs not raise them,...... but I've really never understood why cup racing doesn't go with a wheel nut instead of lug nuts.....mac
    Last edited by mac; June 21st, 2021 at 4:01 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    SINGLE Wheel nuts debut next year. The 2022 cars are being tested now. Also, ALL of the cars will be built by ONE outside company--no more "fidgeting" the build process and cheating (thinner metal. narrower frames, etc.)
    Last edited by gnatsum; June 21st, 2021 at 4:11 PM.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    SINGLE Wheel nuts debut next year. The 2022 cars are being tested now. Also, ALL of the cars will be built by ONE outside company--no more "fidgeting" the build process and cheating (thinner metal. narrower frames, etc.)

so........what will be built by this Outside Company"? Chassis?, Frame,?.....anything else?
    Some time ago, a long time ago, all nascar race cars had to have vins...... maybe that's not the case any more...mac
    Last edited by mac; June 21st, 2021 at 6:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure that the VIN went away when the car owners were hanging their own sheet metal on the roll cage chassis. Maybe even before that.
    For a while, the only "stock" part of the stock cars was the trunk lid, if I remember what I heard correctly.

12. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I'm sure that the VIN went away when the car owners were hanging their own sheet metal on the roll cage chassis. Maybe even before that.
    For a while, the only "stock" part of the stock cars was the trunk lid, if I remember what I heard correctly.

well yeow, but actually, back then the VIN could be found several places not just under the hood on in the door jam.,....and good fabricators could move them around pretty easily.....but I never ever saw one checked anyway.....mac

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast