Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elliott Disqualified four Four Loose Lug Nuts

Post Thanks / Like
    The last NASCAR stock car built from a factory vehicle, whether a street car or a stripped-out "body-in-white" (bare body and frame, no interior or drivetrain, painted in white primer at the factory), was back in the '70s. As kantwin noted, the amount of factory stock sheetmetal has diminished to just the trunklid a few years ago. Today, the entire body is fabbed--the sides, the hood, the roof--from sheetmetal. The front and rear bumpers are one piece fiberglass or carbon-fibre. Some teams do use a VIN of their own making, to help identify their cars (Childress Racing used to number theirs as 'RCR-(number)" starting with the Earnhardt era).
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a TV show/series years ago, and I can't remember what it was, where they did a build of a NASCAR car from scratch. They bent the pipe to make the frame and roll cage. They built the engine and put it on a dyno. They hung the sheet metal. They put the paint on, and said how they determine where sponsor stickers went. They put it in a wind tunnel, and even on the shaker deck to see how the suspension was working.
    Quite a good show/series.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife disqualified me last night due to loose nuts.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. LOL Night Owl, Mestral, TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]... built by this Outside Company"?......mac
    Personally, I expect them to contract with Chang'an Motors. [/SARCASM]
    Last edited by Mestral; June 23rd, 2021 at 9:45 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2