Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers at it again

Post Thanks / Like

Rangers at it again

I can't hardly believe I'm watchin' the Rangers again after that fiasco 2 or 3 nights ago. They just played outstanding ball for 11 or 12 engines and then just folded like a cheap suit. For me, that might've been the most important game all year.....and yet, here I am again, ole loyal......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Me too. These bums can squeeze a defeat out of the jaws of victory at the drop of a hat... Any hat. They are doing it again with the Astros last night and tonight.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep... Me too. These bums can squeeze a defeat out of the jaws of victory at the drop of a hat... Any hat. They are doing it again with the Astros last night and tonight.
    was that only last night! i thought it was a bit longer than that.......wasn't really sure it was ever gonna end.....great game for a while.....really great game.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... And last night too. 6 to 5 with 4 of the runs in the top of the 8th.. And now they are calling up pitchers from A ballclubs. They not only have a pitching problem, but a hitting problem too. Plus, they don't catch too good either. I cringe every time a fly ball goes to Garcia in center... He has a tendency to try and shift the ball back to his throwing hand and drop it before he gets it in the glove securely.

So, last night, my wife asks me "Remind me, dear...Why is it we watch these guys?" I was at a loss for a good answer.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... And last night too. 6 to 5 with 4 of the runs in the top of the 8th.. And now they are calling up pitchers from A ballclubs. They not only have a pitching problem, but a hitting problem too. Plus, they don't catch too good either. I cringe every time a fly ball goes to Garcia in center... He has a tendency to try and shift the ball back to his throwing hand and drop it before he gets it in the glove securely.

So, last night, my wife asks me "Remind me, dear...Why is it we watch these guys?" I was at a loss for a good answer.
    yeow, i get the same sort of grief from my daughters, all 6 of 'em!...........mac

Post Thanks / Like
    And, they did it again today. About their 6th loss in a row I believe. They do not have anyone who can pitch, their bats are dead, and if they do get someone who can do a decent job of pitching, the pitcher gets zero run support. If I were a hitter, I wouldn't hit either since the relievers give away any lead a good hitter might provide. And the pitchers probably say "why bother throwing my best when I know I won't get any hitting support". It's almost like a battle to see who is worse...

They seem like they are in a race to see who can get the lowest Average and be far below the Mendoza line. Even their good batters are only hitting slightly above the Mendoza line (.200 average).. which is pathetic for a big league batter. Firing the head coach does not fix the problem. What they need to do is spend the money for a decent order, or fire the pitching and batting coaches first. Right now, they are dropping their starters and bringing up AAA pitchers to replace the losers they have on hand. And the kids they are bringing up don't do much better. Leaving a pitcher in the game until it is hopelessly lost is a poor coaching maneuver, and they do it all the time.

Right now, pathetic, is about the best I can say for the club.

Post Thanks / Like
    She-who-is-without-sin is in 'love' with the Rangers... it matters not how bad or good they play. What really gets her goat is when that silly cable channel preempts them for some 'stupid basketball game' and she throws a tizzy when the DVR quits on the right time but the game is in overtime. The twit was going to spend over $100 a seat for herself and four others... luck was on my side and she went too late and there were none available together.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what bothers me the most is when Nitwitski and his sidekick Raymond start bragging about a pitcher or batter just as they are starting to throw or bat and then souring the deal. Sometimes, I wish they would just be quiet and see what happens. I realize they get paid to fill air time, but it sure seems they foul up the deal every time they open their mouths.

I am more interested in results that hearing exit angles and velocities and how many seams on the ball were visible when it leaves the bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what bothers me the most is when Nitwitski and his sidekick Raymond start bragging about a pitcher or batter just as they are starting to throw or bat and then souring the deal. Sometimes, I wish they would just be quiet and see what happens. I realize they get paid to fill air time, but it sure seems they foul up the deal every time they open their mouths.

I am more interested in results that hearing exit angles and velocities and how many seams on the ball were visible when it leaves the bat.
    yeow, all that drivel about "double seams" was really off the chart the other night! I get a little tired of hearing them spout all the time too.......but I guess after it's all said and done that I'd rather have 'em on that not.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has gotten to the point where she will mute the interludes because she cannot abide by Nitwitski and Raymonds continued bragging about how great the Rangers are. Fact is, they stink, and seem to like living in the cellar.

They got rid of their primmadonnas and replaced them with barely functional replacements. They look like a bunch of clowns trying to get out of the car to me. But we are still fans. I suppose that the same goes for her aunt who is a Tigers fan... Nothing like rooting for an underdog. Same thing applies to Cowboy fans. Always one season away from a Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast