Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rangers at it again

Post Thanks / Like
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS[[FONTWow! Prob'ly don't mean a thang, but it's 5 and 0 already and still in the first inning with only one out nice start Rangers..........mac [/FONT]
    Last edited by mac; June 21st, 2021 at 7:45 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    They finally won a game... And it was a home game. And it was against the As, whom they have a hard time beating at any time. Now... Let's see if they can continue the streak.

I still stick with my belief that they need at least an 8 run advantage to win... That is to get more runs than their bull pen can give away.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    They needed 14 last night to beat the A's.......The A's want out of Oakland and will head to Vegas if allowed.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They needed 14 last night to beat the A's.......The A's want out of Oakland and will head to Vegas if allowed.
    The 8n run rule went out the window last night. They didn't even televise the game from what I could see. And tonight the start Folty, which means they will lose.

I am betting that Folty will give up 6 or more runs in the first inning or 2. That has been his custom. As long as the Rangers can get a lot of run support, which is not happening lately, they will continue to lose. But then, they are going to wind up in the basement again this year anyhow. And they know it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I am amazed... he Rangers started Foltenevicz, won the game, and the bullpen did not give it away. The Rangers finally figured out what the wooden thingeys in the bag are for.

Still going to finish in the cellar though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am amazed... he Rangers started Foltenevicz, won the game, and the bullpen did not give it away. The Rangers finally figured out what the wooden thingeys in the bag are for.

Still going to finish in the cellar though.
    it seemed to me, at the time, (and still does), that they pulled Folty at least one batter too soon.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

7. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... He was doing pretty good last yesterday. Of course, his biggest problem has always been run support. It is very hard for a pitcher to go more than 6 innings and not give up a few runs. The Rangers just have to figure out how to hit a few runs in for their pitchers, and their relievers have to stop giving away games. Then they will do a bit better... Still going to wind up in the basement, no matter how much better they get.

Every year they go through the same thing... Takes them half the season to pull their heads out of their... Bat bags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess the Rangers are getting the picture. They Started their #1 pitcher yesterday, the one who always wins for them, and they skunked the Baltimore. ABout time.

Gibson was always a mediocre starter years ago, but when he gets some run support and a has a good few first innings, he does what needs to be done. Orioles should be ashamed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lyles comes through and the Rangers got by with just 4 runs. And this against the great Royals. Still, a 4 to 1 win is not the type of run support you would expect from a team famous for their hitting.

Like I said, these guys never get a clue until just before the All star game, and then it is too late to play catch up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, todays game really proves that 8 is NOT enough. the Rangers managed to tie the game up at 7 in the 9th with some really great hits, for a change. Then, as usual, their bullpen gave up the 8th and 9th run in the top of the 10th, and then the Rangers got only one run in the bottom and lost 8 to 9. What a bunch of losers.

Woody needs to go away and hide in the bat bag.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast