Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta opening grandstands to full capacity for July NASCAR weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Atlanta opening grandstands to full capacity for July NASCAR weekend

I think this could be a big mistake and turn into a 'super spreader' event but what do I know... The State of Georgia is a lost cause anyway...

April 30, 2021 at 9:03 AM

Atlanta Motor Speedway is opening its grandstands to full capacity for the July 10-11 Quaker State 400 Presented by Walmart NASCAR weekend.

NASCAR?s first July race at AMS in 47 years will also be the first race at AMS to host an expansive grandstand audience since the start of the pandemic.

?As we?ve seen millions across Georgia and the Southeast get vaccinated, public health restrictions have eased and that gives us the green flag to take a big step towards welcoming more people to enjoy race weekend,? said AMS Executive Vice President and General Manager Brandon Hutchison. ?Needless to say, we can?t wait to have thousands of fans join us for some thrilling NASCAR action this summer.?

As AMS opens its gates to a larger crowd, the facility will continue utilizing health and safety protocols for fans attending the event, such as expanded access to hand-washing and hand-sanitizing stations, as well as cashless payments, mobile ticketing, and the clear bag policy to limit contact between fans and staff.

In addition, AMS will follow state and local health recommendations when determined for July regarding mask and social distancing protocols.

The NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Xfinity Series will each compete on Atlanta Motor Speedway?s high banks for the second time in 2021 during the July weekend. The rising stars of the NASCAR Xfinity Series race on Saturday, July 10, in the Georgia 250 and stars like Georgia?s own Chase Elliott, Kevin Harvick, Bubba Wallace, and March winner Ryan Blaney will race for glory in the Quaker State 400 Presented by Walmart on Sunday, July 11.

To find more information and purchase tickets for the July 10-11 Quaker State 400 Presented by Walmart weekend, visit www.AtlantaMotorSpeedway.com.

? Atlanta Motor Speedway ?

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this could be a big mistake and turn into a 'super spreader' event but what do I know... The State of Georgia is a lost cause anyway...

I think that we could have a super eruption at Yellowstone but what do I know... We're a lost cause anyway... Yes, sarcasm but it has as much value as the quote.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like

not to worry, there'll be half a dozen or more iterations of that decision before they really go final............mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

5. Likes TheOldProgrammer, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since, the last time I looked, this is still a free (somewhat) country. If someone/anyone doesn't want to wear a mask or not then that is their decision to make. Not the government.

Im waiting for the lawsuit about this government virus shot card that some require before entering some event. Wonder if airliners require the virus shot card.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

7. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Saddened by TheOldProgrammer is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because a track says they're going to open up all of the grandstand seats, doesn't mean those seats will be occupied on race day. NASCAR has lost a bunch of fans over the years for various reasons, and if I remember correctly, not even the Bristol dirt race had a capacity crowed (true, the race was delayed a day for rain...), and Bristol was one of those tracks that had a "waiting list" for people wanting to buy season tickets...

Texas Motor Speedway (owned by the same company that owns Atlanta MS) reduced its maximum numbers of fan seating this year, by shutting off the seats under the luxury suites with large banners depicting the highlights of he first 25 years of TMS history (races AND concerts). Was seated in the section under '2009' for the IndyCar races this past weekend.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

9. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Saddened by Mestral is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not likely to be a "super spreader" event, although I wouldn't put it past the MSM to call it that.
    (I would be a lot more worried about a terrorist attack, with so many Americans in one place)

Georgia isn't really a lost cause, yet. There is still a narrow window of opportunity to turn it around.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

11. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The MSM has ignored the fact Texas is wide open. The Rangers, despite being terrible have been playing to pretty large crowds on the weekends at least....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    The MSM has ignored the fact Texas is wide open. The Rangers, despite being terrible have been playing to pretty large crowds on the weekends at least....
    Hey now! Be kind. The Rangers have had some pretty damned good games here recently....They just need to save some of 'em for home games.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Since, the last time I looked, this is still a free (somewhat) country. If someone/anyone doesn't want to wear a mask or not then that is their decision to make. Not the government.

Exactly!....mac (WWJD?)....
    Last edited by mac; May 5th, 2021 at 1:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Hey now! Be kind. The Rangers have had some pretty damned good games here recently....They just need to save some of 'em for home games.....mac
    I and the wife are going to play the Texas Ranger's Golf Course in Arlington the week after next. We are really looking forward to it as we have played the Cowboys Course in Grapevine. I think it is awesome for a golf course to sponsor/affiliate with a team. I know you and links are Taboo, the course sits just off the Arlington Entertainment District.

https://www.arlingtongolf.com/texas-rangers-golf-club
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast