Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Democrat US Rep Alcee Hastings of Florida has died from cancer at 84...

Post Thanks / Like

Democrat US Rep Alcee Hastings of Florida has died from cancer at 84...

Governor DeSantis is a Republican...don't see him appointing a Dem to replace Hastings.
    Hastings was a problem from the get-go. Before entering Congress, he was a Federal judge who was close to getting impeached or removed from the Federal bench for some shady activities. He resigned instead, then ran for Congress.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...GU6?li=BBnb7Kz

IF DeSantis replaces Hastings with a Republican, then the Democrat majority drops by one...to a SEVEN person difference, if I read it correctly.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought governors only appointed senators if they leave office early, and representatives are replaced by a special election.
    But, I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hastings was actually impeached and removed from the bench, after being acquitted at a jury trial for accepting the offer of $150K from an FBI agent posing as a criminal in his court. Eleven counts on the impeachment, convicted on 8. But not barred from seeking future office. Then, he gets elected 15 times to Congress. What is wrong with that picture? May he rest in peace.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

4. Thanks gnatsum thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is wrong with that picture? May he rest in peace.
    An illiterate and uninformed constituency that is willing to repeatedly accept lies as promises, regardless of whether or not they are kept. A constituency with a very short memory span.
    "Marriage = the indissoluble union of a man and a woman open in itself to the transmission of life."

6. Thanks sojourner truth, txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    An illiterate and uninformed constituency that is willing to repeatedly accept lies as promises, regardless of whether or not they are kept. A constituency with a very short memory span.
    As are most who keep voting in the same losers that spend years in Congress getting fat off the taxpayer and corruption while they do nothing.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Wow Ludwig! Most the majority of U.S. voters are "illiterates, uninformed and have short memory spans"?
    I don't think so.
    I think most of you are smart, well read and with long memories....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet memory spans that are short are the mind set that politicians of all brands rely on.

Short memories, ability to leap beyond logic and live comfortably in a promised land that does not exist anywhere but in story books are the meat and money for politicians. And it is hard for anyone to get anything done in congress any more when they are so evenly split. One party, when in power, will try and get something passed that gets cancelled because of other party opposition. Then, later on, the opposing party tries hard to remind everyone about aforementioned party "couldn't get the job done" but then fail to remind everyone why it didn't "get done".

In the current congress, the democrats are trying every trick in the book to shove through as much spending as they can while they can. And before the next mid term, which should reverse the current numbers in both houses... Unless America has been totally corrupted by the rigged voting process. One can only pray for an equitable outcome.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Yet memory spans that are short are the mind set that politicians of all brands rely on.
    I think I agree with that but I still think it was folks with real or imagined grievances who put Biden over the top this last time around.....mac
    Last edited by mac; April 7th, 2021 at 7:12 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I think I agree with that but I still think it was folks with real or imagines grievances who put Biden over the top this last time around.....mac
    Nope. What put Biden over the top was the voter harvesting by liberals.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [FONT=Comic Sans MS
    Night Owl;517337]Nope. What put Biden over the top was the voter harvesting by liberals.
    aye, 'tis true, but w/a great deal of assistance from other groups....mac[/FONT]
    Last edited by mac; April 7th, 2021 at 7:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast