Thread: Baylor Bears National Champs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Baylor Bears National Champs

Couldn't be happier for Coach Drew. Met him at my work a few years ago and he was such a nice guy.

Well deserved championship!

2. Thanks Night Owl, fchafey, txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We watched it and what quick team. That is really awesome for a school with such a small alumni base compared to some other Texas schools. Really nice to see.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I only watched because I wanted to see what people were talking about regarding the way they played defense. Absolutely incredible. Even in the final few seconds, up by 16, Baylor stole the ball from Gonzaga. They never quit.

6. Likes fchafey, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coach Few of Gonzaga, said the major issue with Baylor is they have 8 starters and depending how the 8 are set up, you either have perimeter shooters that are awesome defenders or you have lane drivers that are awesome defenders....just gores to show that NCAA men's doesn't always have to be NC v. Kansas....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Great game. my wife and i usually only follow the lady Bears BB team, but this was just too good to pass up. It was worth the effort. Congrats Bears.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Since II went to a different (and better) Jesuit University than Gonzaga, I couldn't be more pleased. Go Bears!
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I heard an earlier game this season between Baylor and Missouri on the radio. Commentators noted that Mizzou was unable to narrow the point spread in the last period to make Baylor worried about losing...think it was a sixteen point deficit?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus