Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball All Star game

Post Thanks / Like

Major League Baseball All Star game

MLB is going to move the All Star game out of Georgia because of the "restrictive" voting bill passed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. Now Georgia can withdraw all the tax and other benefits they have been giving the Atlanta Braves. Georgia has no need for Major League Baseball.

Georgia can also withdraw all the tax and other benefits have have been giving to Coca-cola, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and any other Corporation that can't mind it's own business and kiss buttocks of the woke.

For that matter, I'm for boycotting all those Corps who want to be woke. I don't need any of them.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Likes Night Owl, madasheck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. Now Georgia can withdraw all the tax and other benefits they have been giving the Atlanta Braves. Georgia has no need for Major League Baseball.

Georgia can also withdraw all the tax and other benefits have have been giving to Coca-cola, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and any other Corporation that can't mind it's own business and kiss buttocks of the woke.

For that matter, I'm for boycotting all those Corps who want to be woke. I don't need any of them.
    you only hurt the worker bees, and their families, Ludwig, when you boycott their boss's source of income or power.....mac
    Last edited by mac; April 3rd, 2021 at 4:36 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    you only hurt the worker bees, and their families, Ludwig, when you boycott their boss's source of income or power.....mac
    The worker bees can always move.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Or learn how to program.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the thing that conservatives have been saying about the cancellation of the all star game. The biggest losers will be the average Joes and Janes who make a living at the ball park.

Sure won't hurt the players, or the owners. I won't watch it if they move. But then, I am about done watching the Rangers as well. They seem to have the same problem this year they have every year... No pitching.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. Likes sickofpc, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This is the thing that conservatives have been saying about the cancellation of the all star game. The biggest losers will be the average Joes and Janes who make a living at the ball park.

Sure won't hurt the players, or the owners. I won't watch it if they move. But then, I am about done watching the Rangers as well. They seem to have the same problem this year they have every year... No pitching.
    ah come on, now, Sojourner. Give us, at least, one rotation before you count us out.....hope reigns eternal, I guess............mac

Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    true dat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    MLB is going to move the All Star game out of Georgia because of the "restrictive" voting bill passed.
    MLB has turned the All-Star event into a political joke. They strong armed Cleveland into dumping Chief Wahoo by threatening to move the 2019 All Star event. Cleveland granted them the power by bowing to their political demands.

Such bull####!

14. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The MLB Commissioner is a member of Augusta National Golf Club in none other than the State of Georgia.

Senator Rubio sent a letter to the pretend woke commissioner and asked if he was going to give up his membership.

Dear Commissioner Manfred:

I write to ask you whether you intend to maintain your membership at Augusta National Golf Club. As you are well aware, the exclusive members-only club is located in the State of Georgia.

Last week, you “decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year’s All-Star Game” from Atlanta because of Georgia’s revised election law. It is a decision that will have a bigger impact on countless small and minority owned businesses in and around Atlanta, than the new election law ever will. And one that reeks of hypocrisy.

Will Major League Baseball now end its engagement with nations that do not hold elections at all like China and Cuba? Will you end your lucrative financial relationship with Tencent, a company with deep ties to the Communist Party and actively helps the Chinese Government hunt down and silence political dissidents?

Since Major League Baseball now appears eager to use its “platform” to demonstrate “unwavering support” for fundamental human rights, will you cease your relationship with the Chinese Government, which at this very moment is committing genocide against the Uyghurs Muslims in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR)?

I am, of course, under no expectation any of this will happen. Taking the All-Star game out of Georgia is an easy way to signal virtues without significant financial fallout. But speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party would involve a significant loss of revenue and being closed out of a lucrative market.

In the end, as a citizen of a free nation you, and Major League Baseball, have the right to speak out against laws in the U.S. you disagree with, even if it is on the basis of false information. What would be truly bold, however, is if you would speak out on behalf of the voiceless who face arbitrary imprisonment, forced sterilization, coerced abortions, rape, and other horrific acts at the hands of one of your business partners. I am under no illusion that Major League Baseball will sacrifice business revenue on behalf of its alleged corporate values.

Similarly, I am under no illusion you intend to resign as a member from Augusta National Golf Club. To do so would require a personal sacrifice, as opposed to the woke corporate virtue signaling of moving the All Star Game from Atlanta.

Sincerely,

16. Thanks sojourner truth, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, fchafey, gnatsum liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast