Thread: Chip Ganassi suspended from Homestead race for COVID violation at Daytona; two lug nu

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Chip Ganassi suspended from Homestead race for COVID violation at Daytona; two lug nu

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy... I can't stand Ganassi...

February 22, 2021 at 4:41 PM

NASCAR has issued penalties following the race weekend at the Daytona International Speedway road course.

Team owner Chip Ganassi has been fined $30,000 and suspended from the Homestead race for a violation of NASCAR?s COVID protocols.

#2-Brad Keselowski and #20-Christopher Bell each had one loose lug nut following the O?Reilly Auto Parts 253 NASCAR Cup Series race. Their crew chiefs, Jeremy Bullins and Adam Stevens, were each fined $10,000

See the complete penalty report here.

AND: NASCAR said the team owner violated its COVID-19 guidelines by bringing a nonessential individual into the restricted competition area.

Ganassi cannot return to competition areas Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. NASCAR expanded its bubble beginning with the Daytona 500 to permit team owners into the garage; they were not considered essential personnel last season and had to watch races from a suite on the other side of the track.

? Associated Press ?

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a few years ago at Texas motor Speedway we were sitting on Juniors pit wall. My Son in Law and his Dad considered that sacred space, and me, well, I was having a ball watching two adults at a red neck shrine. Dustin's Dad, whose name shall remain anonymous, said "look at those, I bet they are Juinor's lug nuts...." As he picked the three of them up, a passer by, asked are those Juniors? Dad said, yes Sir, I believe so, to which the stranger asked may I have one of them nuts, I said those nuts, and got a glare.....Dad thought for a good long moment and said sure. Well you would have thought Dad gave that big dufus a winning lottery ticket.....It was then I absolutely understood how we won the war between the states......
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly