Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2021 will be a much better year for you than was 2020... How could it possibly not be? By having CamelA Harris as President. Anyway, I'm going to bed. If my wife joins me, I may be awake at midnight... she snores.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Likes madasheck, shawnricheson liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MERRY-NEW-YEAR.jpg  

4. Thanks Ludwig thanked this post
    LOL Ricky, sojourner truth, Ludwig, fchafey, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you who gave up CTT as a New Year resolution - Welcome Back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 11.24.38 AM.jpg  

7. Likes fchafey liked this post
    LOL sojourner truth, txswimmer, Mestral, gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I were rewatching It's a wonderful life for the 1000th time last week, and the words to the song kept playing an ear worm in my head. I always wondered what Auld ang Sine meant. I tell myself that it means old memories. Like when I hang my ornaments on my tree and remember each year that each one meant. I still have the first ornament I got my wife on a date in Manhattan Kansas at a Jack in the Box. And one from when my daughter worked at a Kiosk at the Killeen mall one year. A Dalmatian hangar that was missing a leg and they were going to throw away. She decided to adopt the figurine, and it has been a Christmas ornament on our tree since 1994.The one from Kansas is a nice tree ornament that has Cardinals on it... her favorite bird. And 2 show up on our patio each morning to say hi. For some reason, the other birds are afraid of the Cardinals. Must not be Arizona fans.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    ... I always wondered what Auld ang Sine meant. ...
    Not to detract from your beautiful understanding, "auld lang syne" is not recognizable to English speakers because it is a Scottish rather than an English phrase. Translated literally it means "old long since," but the meaning is more like "old times" or "the olden days." Now you know.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

11. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year! I stayed up late just to make sure 2020 left. So relieved.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed up till midnight just to see if we could do it, and it wasn't easy. We always call our daughter to say happy new year to her. Her husband goes to work at midnight, so we had to wait for her to get home from wishing him one to call her. Believe me, at 12:20 we were in bed.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    At 10:40pm, I was sucking on a pillow...

15. LOL sojourner truth, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    At 10:40pm, I was sucking on a pillow...
    That was a wisw move... The New years eve parties on TV were a total bust this year anyhow. It was like my wife watching the Thanksgiving day parade or the Christmas and New years parades. She just flipped over to some other show and said "all they have are virtual song and dance routines, and most of them are Rap crap" so she did what most folks did... Tuned out. The Rose parade was probably the worst.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast