Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Your 2021 "Woke" Cleveland Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I am waiting for all those who guard for a living to get righteous about it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes Rick, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They got Tom Hanks to narrate the announcement. I'd rather have then spend money on players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guardians. Really? I just can't imagine standing up at a game yelling "Let's go Guardians!!"...it's the worst.
    Wonder why no outcry about the Chiefs?
    I hope Snyder just keeps calling Washington like he has.

I would think that some pc people would be offended about a team being called...cow boys...
    Last edited by sickofpc; July 23rd, 2021 at 7:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I guess historically, Guardians were famous for choking in the 9th inning?

6. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naah... That distinction lies with the Texas Rangers. And the 9th inning starts with the first pitch.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    As to the name change, the people of India have not yet registered their feelings about it. I would venture to guess that the First People really don't GAS about it because they know that they're not "Indians."
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Native Americans? Nope. Someone was here before us I am told. Aboriginal Americans? Sounds like we came from Australia. Red skins. That about sums it up nicely. And, they had chiefs too.

Post Thanks / Like
    And the Rangers set a new record today. 105 innings not having a lead. Pretty impressive stat when you consider how many others have tried. AT least they are setting some sort of record. They have tried very hard to be below the extremely low set of standards they have set for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The comeDIANS managed to win yesterday.

I could forgive the Indians for losing after all their key injuries, but not the Guardians. That just shows that their priorities are not in order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They got Tom Hanks to narrate the announcement. I'd rather have then spend money on players.
    Maybe he did for free?
    He's got "enough" on his plate now--one of he supermarket tabloids has an 'exclusive' cover story, where one of his sons admits that mom Rita Wilson is emotionally abusing Tom...and Tom isn't willing to confront her or fight back to any degree.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

13. Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4