Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: 2020 Election Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I was wrong in my post above--the 'new' phrase used to describe the older traditional media outlets like CBS and the Washington Post, is not "heritage media". The "correct" term is 'legacy media'. Misheard it the first time, got it on the second.

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "trust" exists because the apparently brain-dead viewers BELEIVE the mainstream media (or what one Conservative show I heard on the radio for the first time this weekend calls it, "heritage media") is incapable of lying. Cronkite didn't "lie", Brinkley didn't lie, Brokaw didn't "lie", Koppel didn't "lie", so the 'new guys" can't be "lying" either!

The major networks are all or mostly led by the "new generation", which seems to have abandoned the old journalistic principles ...
    Mostly, the new generation, and the media is the center of the problem, has abandon all any moral foundation. It is so bad that when I bring up the actual requirement for defining morals, I get shut out as "hateful." Today, it seems the best this generation can do is "ethical." Ethics are based on the shifting sand of man's opinion.

I hold up Trump as an example:
    Trump once said he didn't have anything that God needed to forgive. He was basing that on ethics. Man's opinion. Shifting and sinking sand. Morals have to be founded on some bedrock code. I choose the Bible, some choose other foundations, some making themselves enemies of God's Church, and our Nation. But the biggest problem today is that most people today choose to have no foundation at all.

I heard a lawyer discussing this, and she felt that BLM was wrong, but that there were times that some principles could be worth fighting for. But then she got into a quandary over which principles would be worth fighting for. For her, one persons principles that were worth fighting for, might be someone else's principles that were worth fighting against. She had no solid rock to stand on, to say: this principle is right, and the opposite is wrong.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately, I have been switching to Newsmax instead of Fox.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lately, I have been switching to Newsmax instead of Fox.
    Same here, but I can only deal with limited doses. Kinda like twitter, they seem to go over the same stuff, every time I turn it on.

Very limited scope.

https://kwwl.com/2020/11/25/fall-fro...sharp-decline/
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox News ratings have taken a downward drop.

Nielsen reports the cable outlet's daytime viewership fell 32 percent from the two weeks before Election Day to the two weeks after.

Both CNN and MSNBC posted gains over Fox during that same period.
    Generally, news shows drop in ratings after an election. All of the news shows dropped 10% to 30% after the 2016 elections.
    A drop of 32% is more than they would have expected, had they not decided to follow the MSM and pretend that Trump lost, and not follow the story where compelling evidence of massive and widespread fraud has been found.

Not sure what to make of "gains over Fox" but I suspect it is a statistical trick,
    such as showing their proportion of viewership relative to Fox,
    so if their viewership fell by 24% it would show a 50% rise.
    Last edited by Mestral; November 26th, 2020 at 3:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Interesting video. Was intended as comedy, but may be more accurate than "the news," including Fox News.

https://youtu.be/6luFJvZt-og

Reminds me of the days when the only guy they allowed to tell the truth about Islam, on national TV, was Jeff Dunham.

(Spark of insanity - NSFW?) https://youtu.be/GBvfiCdk-jc

Post Thanks / Like
    It just kills me how the media declares how Trump divided the country, when all the time it was them, the liberal media and political figures, including actors and athletes, that divided our country. I hate it that people can be so easily led now and that we have evolved into a country of that mindset.
    I do not think we will ever have a valid national election, as long as there is mail in voting like on the scale that we just witnessed...
    Last edited by sickofpc; November 26th, 2020 at 5:16 PM.

7. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Saddened by Ludwig is saddened by this post
    WTF Ludwig WTF'd this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hussein Obama, the democrat's, and media's sole purpose was and is to divide the country.

As for Twitter. They are pissing me off with their constantly adding their opinion to Trump's tweets.

Imagine if I edited posts that I disagreed with with my own opinion simply because I disliked the opinion stated in the post.

That is despicable behavior.

9. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28