Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Paws in Paradise

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, our old girl dog is hardly able to walk, and it appears it is almost time to release her from her pain. I can only hope and pray that there is a place that our vet (Stagecoach) has that can take care of her remains when and if the time comes. She would be 12 years old on the 24th, which coincidentally the date for her next exam.

I am not looking forward to consoling the wife.
    Paws in Paradise is awesome. Don't hesitate, they wont be there today. More like 4 days from now. Sorry to hear that, I love animals.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we had to put our fur baby down today, and my wife is very upset. Well... I am too, but it happens to all of us at some time or another. The definition of life is "that which can die".

The hardest part is having to throw away all of her stuff, and change our daily routine. I get the stink eye every time I put something else in the trash.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear. It's never easy.

5. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences on your loss ST.

It's unfortunate that the lives of our pets are so much shorter than our own.

The only time I have not had a pet was when I was living in the barracks. So, the number of fur babies I have had die are numerous, yet I carry each in my memory.

On the bright side, the next puppy I get will most likely be alive at my funeral.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, on the up side, I have a bunch of dog food and treats if anyone wants them. PM me if you do. If not, I will donate the stuff to a local shelter.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    We donate quite a bit the shelter on Clear Creek as well as the Killeen Animal Shelter. I know I tend to be a pretty selfish individual and believe that if I give to people they will misuse it so the the wife tempers my behavior with trips to the shelters with blankets, food, flea dips, wood chips, water bowls and such.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

10. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wound up throwing most of my dogs toys and leashes and pet beds in the trash. Called Stagecoach to ask when I could pick up my dogs remains, and they said Thursday morning sometime. That seems like an awful lot of time but then again, I suppose it takes time. Hope they do it right.

Fond Memories is the name of the company that Stagecoach uses. It has been bothering my wife quite a bit lately. She keeps looking for the places the dog is usually located, and can't seem to understand that scraps on the floor will not automatically be taken care of. She has periodic crying fits whenever she remembers the dog. I try to be strong for both of us, but with her health issues and all, it is tough. Please keep us both in your prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wound up throwing most of my dogs toys and leashes and pet beds in the trash. Called Stagecoach to ask when I could pick up my dogs remains, and they said Thursday morning sometime. That seems like an awful lot of time but then again, I suppose it takes time. Hope they do it right.

Fond Memories is the name of the company that Stagecoach uses. It has been bothering my wife quite a bit lately. She keeps looking for the places the dog is usually located, and can't seem to understand that scraps on the floor will not automatically be taken care of. She has periodic crying fits whenever she remembers the dog. I try to be strong for both of us, but with her health issues and all, it is tough. Please keep us both in your prayers.
    That's depressing.

Adopt another dog. It can be an older dog. It's ok to have more then one.

Get her another dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    She has already said no more dogs in our life. Not sure if she really means it, but we have a lot of changes to make. Acceptance of a loss is part of life. It is time we all realized that and moved on to some place better. But I appreciate the thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for the loss of your boxer. I have an almost 10 year old boxer here who is slowing down big time. I always say I can't lose another dog but the house just isn't the same without a crazy dog running through it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast