Thread: Racer.com PROVES they don't know where Texas Motor Speedway IS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Racer.com PROVES they don't know where Texas Motor Speedway IS!!

Searcing for a story on whether yesterday's race was restarted today, I found a story today posted on Racer.com that says no...among other things.

https://racer.com/2020/10/26/update-...lays-in-texas/

The NASCAR Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500 Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway, which was to have resumed at 10 a.m. ET today after being postponed due to rain after 51 laps on Sunday, has been delayed by rain once again.

At 3:00 p.m. ET, TWS sent out on social media, ?They want to run. We do too! No update on time, but it?s not raining and the track is the driest it?s been since about 4:00 yesterday. Everyone cross your fingers!?

With rain still in the College Station, Texas, area, though, a Monday restart was not a certainty.

When the race was halted late Sunday afternoon, Clint Bowyer (photo above) was the race leader, with Jimmie Johnson, Erik Jones, Joey Logano and Martin Truex Jr. filling out the top five.
    First they refer to 'TWS', which is the OLD Texas World Speedway down in College Station (track was supposedly torn down this year or last..I need to check on that), THEN the story says with "rain still in the College Station area"...hey now, what about the weather in FORT WORTH?!?

Our online sports media is being infiltrated by idiots, I tell you...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

2. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some YouTube videos about how they dug out portions of the banking at TWS. I suppose that was to stop people from using it.
    It was also used for storing quite a few cars that had been in floods.

Post Thanks / Like
    THe race is now scheduled to run today, Tuesday. Less than a 60% chance of rain, but it's scattered rain now up there. And cold.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    That's sad to hear about TWS. I went with a friend a few years back and they were allowing some guys to race motorcycles there. How often do your average joes get a chance to drive on a super speedway? I thought that was pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Texas World Speedway back in 2015 for a "Last Blast" held by the Mustang club out of Houston. Got to ride in a race-prepped 2014 Boss 302 Mustang at race speed (for a modified street car). THAT was fun.

Turns out that 2015 was NOT the last year they let clubs and vintage racing groups run on the track. And speaking of College Station, I DO need to bo back there sometime. There's a military history museum across Highway 6 from the track (no directly across but just north, I think) and I've heard the museum has the occasional tank/jeep/truck rides.