Thread: NASCAR confiscates Martin Truex, Jr?s spoiler at Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation NASCAR confiscates Martin Truex, Jr?s spoiler at Texas

It's a Gibbs car, what do you expect...

October 25, 2020 at 12:36 PM

NASCAR confiscated the spoiler of the #19 car of Martin Truex, Jr. prior to the AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 500 at Texas Motor Speedway for violating rule 20.4.12.b:

Except as specified, spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer.

The following at-track penalties were assessed to the team:

Loss of 20 owner and driver points.

$35,000 fine.

Crew chief James Small was ejected.

Start at the rear for the race.

In addition, the cars of #19-Truex, Jr, #49-Finchum, and #96-Suarez failed pre-race inspection twice. They will start at the rear.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They should have disqualified him. How many times has that team been caught this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should have disqualified him. How many times has that team been caught this year?
    I've lost count... It's not just that team but JGR in general...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've lost count... It's not just that team but JGR in general...
    well, JGR is an awful long way from where Truex does his work and has his shop.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How do you figure that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can answer that, really without looking it up. Martin Truex Jr., from New Jersey moved to Colorado while he was racing for Furniture Row. JGR, bought it, consumed it, whatever and Martin is racing for him, although he stays in Colorado.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The charter for the 78 went to Spire Sports & Entertainment, while Truex Jr and Cole Pearn went to JGR.

The google says that Truex has a house in Mooresville, NC.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was the TEAM OWNER of the #78--forgot his name but he and/or his family still own the stores in Furniture Row. He put the race shop there because he already lived in Colorado, and he figured a shop in the middle of the country would be better theoretically than being based out of the Charlotte/Concord area where all of the other teams are located (less cross-country drives for the team between races).
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy that used to own the condo at TMS has 8 passes for himself and guests. These passes let you go anywhere and a few years ago, I met Martin Truex Jr. and once I told him I too was from Jersey and we compared exits, he told me he was living in Colorado. Of course he could have moved....The crowd at TMS is awesome. I watched two guys scrap over Dale Jr's lug nuts once that were lying on the ground.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post