Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: KISD Public spokeswoman arrested

Post Thanks / Like
    gnatsum, ..I agree with you, completely.
    This has nothing to do with the story being in the paper, but I just get a little perturbed when I read how much money she makes in that position. I am somewhat familiar with the responsibilites that she has and the PR involved, which is important, I realize ..but...when I think about the responsibilities(which are many), the hours, and work days that a bus driver has in this district, and the little salary they make,.... the work days and responsibilies that the teachers have, and the salaries they make (which can be pretty good, after a few years experience).....compared to what Maya makes, well,...I just don't think it is equitable and has a lot of fairness...at all. Actually, I think it is just ridiculous. ...Just my opinion, of course.
    I kind of believe that if the salary was the same for the three positions I just mentioned, most of us would prefer to do what Maya does, in a heartbeat.

I realize that you can make all kinds of comparisons in the work world about salaries, responsibilities, and sometimes utter ridiculousness of it all ( rappers,
    athletes, actors, ,models, etc.... ... compared to doctors, teachers, soldiers, pilots, on and on, but....I am just talking about this one situation.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 21st, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

2. Likes Ricky, Ludwig liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gnatsum, ..I agree with you, completely.
    This has nothing to do with the story being in the paper, but I just get a little perturbed when I read how much money she makes in that position.
    My goodness, PC, I haven't seen an "about face" like this one since I retired..........now, you can come back and act as though you ain't got a clue as to what I'm talkin' 'bout......mac
    Last edited by mac; October 21st, 2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't, but it doesn't matter what I say..you will find fault, or come up with some Gabby Hayes, Jed ,saying anyway. It really doesn't matter whether I have a clue or not, I just said what I believe. (to my knowlege I have never spoken about the salary that the position Maya holds pays)
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 21st, 2020 at 2:12 PM.

5. Likes Ricky liked this post
    LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was an article in the KDH this morning about whether or not KISD's administration has a double standard. Of course they do, and there is no question about that. ..There are policies and expectations for the administration and a policy and expectations for... everyone else. ..As a poster talked about this morning, just check the nepotism guidelines. After the board and the superintendent had their wives, children, and other relatives hired, .... there were big changes in the requirements and guidelines concerning the nepotism policies. A double standard, perhaps?
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 23rd, 2020 at 2:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    After the board and the superintendent had their wives, children, and other relatives hired, ....
    Except for Craft all the board members family members were hired BEFORE they were a board member. Of course there could be one or two family members I do not know about. I know that Rainwater and Lawler's family were employees long before they were a board member. Admittedly, I know very little about Purser, Jones, Williams and Well's family.

Also, family members can work in the same school it's just that they can't be a supervisor of a family member. My son was an assistant at my school last year so he wasn't allowed to work with me or my class since technically I am "above" him.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    just check the nepotism guidelines. After the board and the superintendent had their wives, children, and other relatives hired, .... there were big changes in the requirements and guidelines concerning the nepotism policies. A double standard, perhaps?
    nah, that's just plain ole "takin' care of bidness".....a good man simply has to see to his family, don't you know...and he certainly ought not be criticized for it as long as he ain't breakin' no law and it sounds like he didn't. sounds like the law was passed after he did his dastardly deed....but then again, no good deed should go unpunished......oh, btw, union members 'see to their families' all the time, and I do mean, "all the time"...........mac
    Last edited by mac; October 23rd, 2020 at 11:51 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    X,... I'm not sure about prior administrative requirements, previously, not even really sure about the Craft situation and his wife. I am aware of the Rainwater and Lawler situation, of course. but even with them, where is the fairness?. We have ours already, but you can't have yours?.... I just know of a couple of people who were treated very unfairly concerning the nepotism thing. I can't go into details here with you, but it was actually silly and stupid, but it became very costly for two very professional, caring, members of a faculty in KISD. It is complicated, but I know for a fact that what happened regarding the situation was wrong. Very wrong, and it was over such a silly, silly situation that became so ...stupid.
    Both faculty members contacted their professional organizations, and basically were told, sorry, that is in your contract and there is really nothing we can do. ...I can't go into detail here, but, I will tell you that it did involve the issue of nepotism, which involves then..and now.
    I do know these two employees were hurt seriously, position wise and salary wise...and it was so wrong, on so many levels.
    I will tell you absolutely for sure, that I know of different standards for administrators, things they do and get away, at times ...even just ignoring policy and guidlines, which of course, faculty and lower level admin would never be able to do....And they can always justify their actions,.. to make it seem perfectly fine.
    Last edited by sickofpc; Yesterday at 1:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    X,... I'm not sure about prior administrative requirements, previously, not even really sure about the Craft situation and his wife. I am aware of the Rainwater and Lawler situation, of course. but even with them, where is the fairness?. We have ours already, but you can't have yours?.... I just know of a couple of people who were treated very unfairly concerning the nepotism thing. I can't go into details here with you, but it was actually silly and stupid, but it became very costly for two very professional, caring, members of a faculty in KISD. It is complicated, but I know for a fact that what happened regarding the situation was wrong. Very wrong, and it was over such a silly, silly situation that became so ...stupid.
    Both faculty members contacted their professional organizations, and basically were told, sorry, that is in your contract and there is really nothing we can do. ...I can't go into detail here, but, I will tell you that it did involve the issue of nepotism, which involves then..and now.
    I do know these two employees were hurt seriously, position wise and salary wise...and it was so wrong, on so many levels.
    I will tell you absolutely for sure, that I know of different standards for administrators, things they do and get away, at times ...even just ignoring policy and guidlines, which of course, faculty and lower level admin would never be able to do....And they can always justify their actions,.. to make it seem perfectly fine.
    It's good to be king.
    "God is the difference between Republicans and Democrats."

11. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4