Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: SCOTUS Nominee Amy Coney Barrett

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    25,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judge Barrett is a class act.



    TEXAS has a balanced budget.

    Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

    Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

  2. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Judge Barrett. The only rightful "gripe" the Dems have is the about face the Reps did on final year appointments. Ask Lindsey Graham. She will be confirmed, and I believe there will be many Ds who vote to confirm her. If not, then it would be inexcusable. Yes, she is conservative. I don't see, however, that she is agenda driven. That's what you need in a good SCt justice.
    I don't have a problem with pushing this nominee through during an election year...like Barack Obama said some time ago, "Elections have consequences." When he tried to fill Scalia's seat during an election year, the Republican's controlled the Senate and told him and the Democrats to pound sand...thought it was brilliant on McConnell's part. Now Trump nominates Barrett during an election year and the Republican's still control the Senate....barring some bombshell that shows Barrett sacrificed puppies in law school, guess who the new Justice of the Supreme Court will be...again, brilliant on McConnell and Trump's part...cause elections do in fact have consequences. Most importantly, anyone who thinks the Democrats wouldn't do the same given the chance is delusional.

  4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cove
    Posts
    2,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like this year's election may potentially be a fight after the votes are in, especially if Trump stays in office. If it winds up being challenged and goes to the SC, then we probably should have all seats filled. For that reason, I feel it is especially important that we are looking at getting Judge Barrett put in that position before the election.
    The entire purpose of a bayonet is to bring a knife to a gunfight.
    One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right, but not enough to know you're wrong.
    Don't tell someone they're wrong. Explain why. If you can't, maybe you're the wrong one.

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UCLA / Unknown Corner of Lower Alabama
    Posts
    8,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNN is reporting that ACB didn't disclose ALL of her meetings, lectures, and talks while she was a Notre Dame.
    Of course, the Dems are pouncing on that, saying the confirmation needs to be delayed now, so they can review this new information.


  7. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    White Rock Estates
    Posts
    8,011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CNN is reporting that ACB didn't disclose ALL of her meetings, lectures, and talks while she was a Notre Dame.
    Of course, the Dems are pouncing on that, saying the confirmation needs to be delayed now, so they can review this new information.
    The same Dems that wouldn't even meet with her....here we go....



    "When the President gets to the White House, and does what he says he'll do, we will all be drinkin' that free bubble up and eatin' that rainbow stew" Merle haggard

  8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
  9. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Killeen, Tx
    Posts
    24,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    The racist, misogynist, Booker, announced on day one that he would not be voting to confirm her. So why did he even bother to ask her questions?


  10. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    27,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The racist, misogynist, Booker, announced on day one that he would not be voting to confirm her. So why did he even bother to ask her questions?
    Well, we all know what this is all about, and that she will be the next justice on the SCOTUS. The one thing that is good about all of this is that the democrats are letting everytone see just how stupid they can get when they are going to lose.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    31,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we all know what this is all about, and that she will be the next justice on the SCOTUS. The one thing that is good about all of this is that the democrats are letting everytone see just how stupid they can get when they are going to lose.
    with him, it's all about face time and showin' folks how smart he is, don't you know....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Killeen
    Posts
    7,646
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CNN is reporting that ACB didn't disclose ALL of her meetings, lectures, and talks while she was a Notre Dame.
    Of course, the Dems are pouncing on that, saying the confirmation needs to be delayed now, so they can review this new information.
    And Biden claims that since HIS schedule doesn't show a "meeting" with the Barisma folks from the Ukraine...that's all the proof he needs to show that he didn't meet with them.
    Oh, the hypocrisy of the Left!




    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

  13. Likes kantwin, Mestral, fchafey liked this post
  14. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    27,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now the MSM, the unofficial wing of the democrat party, has taken to criticizing Amy for adopting 2 Haitian kids that were in an orphanage when adopted. I suppose the NYT thinks they would have been better off living in the orphanage or being adopted into a family who is a lot less fiscally secure. Not a smart thing to say, IMO....
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •