Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tom Herman, UT football coach, in serious trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ludwig, I'm not too sure about that. If Herman would finish his contract he would make over sixty million dollars, minimum, and ..If he gets fired, that is something that is hard for coaches to get over, regardless of the amount of money they make. Besides their pride being affected for the rest of their lives, it just has a big effect on coaches, something that is bothersome to some degree for the rest of their lives.
    PC: Ludwig didn't say anything about "gettin' over it". He said he could prob'ly give a hoot less about what the fat cat alums thought......and I agree with that. I also think that gettin' canned would sting for a while......but not because of any thing the alums might think....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, and Universities are about education, or they should be.

There isn't big money in education but there is in sports. I guess they have their priorities straight, right? Pay roaches millions of dollars then every coach should win every game. You know that every kid needs to get a ribbon.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    mac, did I say anything about Ludwig saying something about "getting over it" ? No, I didn't. He said that Herman probably wouldn't GAS about Texas alums after getting 30 million dollars.
    I didn't say anything about alums making him feel the way I described, altho alums would be the driving force behind the whole debacle.. .. Typical you wanting to criticize and accuse whenever possible.
    The annual budget for the University of Texas is right around three billion dollars.
    According to the American Statesman, UT athletics generated about 223.9 million dollars in revenue during the 2018-2019 year.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just FYI...the two most expensive schools in Texas....by state tuition
    SMU-$48,364 in state tuition
    TCU- $46,860 in state tuition
    Residents of Texas pay an annual total price of approximately $26,500 dollars a year to attend UT on a full time basis.

You can figure approximately how much a full athletic scholarship can be worth to these schools, not counting the extras that athletes receive, ...
    but yet, you have some people saying that the athletes don't get "paid".
    A full ride to TCU for a football athlete would be worth over $200,000.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 22nd, 2020 at 5:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    mac, did I say anything about Ludwig saying something about "getting over it" ? No, I didn't. He said that Herman probably wouldn't GAS about Texas alums after getting 30 million dollars.
    I didn't say anything about alums making him feel the way I described, altho alums would be the driving force behind the whole debacle.. .. Typical you wanting to criticize and accuse whenever possible.
    The annual budget for the University of Texas is right around three billion dollars.
    According to the American Statesman, UT athletics generated about 223.9 million dollars in revenue during the 2018-2019 year.
    PC: You may want to read your #30 before you embarass yourself any further...........mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    mac, I really appreciate your regular attention to my posts and your continual, egotistical, incessant criticisms, but you don't need to worry about me embarassing myself. I know you could never feel like you embarrass yourself, with your cutesy opinions. ... If you could, you probably wouldn't have written many of your posts.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig, I'm not too sure about that. If Herman would finish his contract he would make over sixty million dollars, minimum, and ..If he gets fired, that is something that is hard for coaches to get over, regardless of the amount of money they make. Besides their pride being affected for the rest of their lives, it just has a big effect on coaches, something that is bothersome to some degree for the rest of their lives.
    Coaches need to learn to get over themselves. They're not the center of the universe.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig, you are right of course, I agree, but most people tend to believe that their life is the most important in the world, tho, pretty much, if you know what I mean. We all live in our own self-important microcosm.... And when a person is being courted and recruited by schools trying to pay them big salaries, even millions of dollars, and make them famous, well.....
    I think a whole lot of our values and things we think are so important in our society today are out of whack, most certainly.
    Last edited by sickofpc; October 22nd, 2020 at 1:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... I think a whole lot of our values and things we think are so important in our society today are out of whack, most certainly.
    As they say, "Shrouds have no pockets."
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

11. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will Muschamp, the South Carolina football coach, was just fired, in the middle of the season. He receives a 13 million dollar buyout.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast