Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a great view tonight... The guide said it would appear at 7:40 and last for 4 minutes... I tracked it from about 7:35 until 7:45 and it was clear as a bell. There was an airplane flying almost the same direction that had a very bright directional beacon light and it was doing its best to keep up, but it lost big time.

Great sighting tonight.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to post tonight's times. It was strange. We could see the space station, but there was another object that was seemingly following it with a light that was very intermittent. It wasn't flashing like a plane. There was no pattern to the flashing.

Post Thanks / Like
    The great sighting on tap for yesterday here was a bust due to overcast skies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I forgot to post tonight's times. It was strange. We could see the space station, but there was another object that was seemingly following it with a light that was very intermittent. It wasn't flashing like a plane. There was no pattern to the flashing.
    I saw it too, but attributed it to an airplanes anti collision lighting. Never seen on quite that bright though. LGM and BEMs following the ISS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was going to say that tonights ISS observation was a bust, but I got an unexpected pleasure of seeing a different satellite moving from NE to SW slowly going across the heavens. Not even sure which one it was, but it was pretty neat. It cut right across Orions belt too, and I got a good naked eye view of Orion in all its glory, (about 7:45 to 7:55). The max elevation of this visitor was about 80 degrees or better.

Gave me a new appreciation of naked eye viewing again.

6. Likes Rick liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8