Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good view tonight, I think. There were 2 bright objects traversing the heavens. One was east of The Cygnus and west of Cassiopeia, and the other was just to the east of Cassiopeia and both were heading east. AT any rate, I got a twofer tonight. Got to pick up my daughter from the Killeen airport in the morning as she is here visiting us for a week from Panama City Beach, Fla. I tell her she is slumming when she comes here. Especially since we will be visiting her mom In Cove.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter and I went out and watched it last night. I miss my wife being here.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good show tonight if the clouds clear.

Time: Fri Oct 07 7:45 PM, Visible: 7 min, Max Height: 75?, Appears: 10? above NW, Disappears: 10? above SE

4. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cloud cover did it in tonight. We (my daughter and ) went out but it was too cloudy to observe anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a twofer tonight. The ISS and another satellite that was crossing from NE to SW at about the same time. The ISS was actually harder to see because it was so low on the horizon, while number 2 was high and bright as all get out. My daughter actually saw the first and caught the second one out of the corner of her eye.

A very pleasant viewing experience for kids of all ages.

7. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a short, dim peek tonight far to the northwest. A lot of cloud cover, but it was still observable.

9. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my luck... The time of year when the ISS starts showing up in the PM, we have clouds every night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tonight's view.

Time: Wed Dec 07 6:41 PM, Visible: 7 min, Max Height: 64?, Appears: 10? above NW, Disappears: 10? above SE

Post Thanks / Like
    No chance with the cloud cover last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight is also when the moon will eclipse Mars. Sadly, for me here in SE Alabama, it won't be viewable.
    https://www.space.com/mars-oppositio...2022-what-time
    Last edited by kantwin; December 7th, 2022 at 5:03 PM.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast