Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A journey and a feat made so much more difficult since those entities making up that image are not as they seem, on a level plane.
    what is level in space?
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I saw it in the western sky tonight, but I also saw a really bright satellite moving from north to south at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... The one we have been watching lately usually travels from south to north in pretty much a straight line. Usually about the same time as the ISS, but it moves a lot faster.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, My wife and I found ity tonight. Spotted it low on the northern horizon, and it moved to the east slightly while rising higher in our point of observation. Of course, it always fades away when it dips below a certain point in its orbit.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, My wife and I found it tonight. Spotted it low on the northern horizon, and it moved to the east slightly while rising higher in our point of observation. Of course, it always fades away when it dips below a certain point in its orbit.
    prime should be on 21 inst., Sojourner and right now, the weather looks good and warm....wow, i'm amazed you could cut thru all the light pollution to get to the N Horizon or even low up a bit (3 fingers?). I can't do that from my place and I'm only a little bit nnw of you! I can always get Polaris and Cassiopeia wnw but that's about it for me lookin' to the north from my address.............got any little tricks or tips you might want to share?.....mac
    Last edited by mac; December 6th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    prime should be on 21 inst., Sojourner and right now, the weather looks good and warm....wow, i'm amazed you could cut thru all the light pollution to get to the N Horizon or even low up a bit (3 fingers?). I can't do that from my place and I'm only a little bit nnw of you! I can always get Polaris and Cassiopeia wnw but that's about it for me lookin' to the north from my address.............got any little tricks or tips you might want to share?.....mac
    Climb a ladder and get on the roof.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

7. LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That might work, but I can see pretty much everything above the Seton/ Wal Mart line to my North, until I run into my neighbors ash tree which blocks the view to the east.

If the ISS is coming from the South, better viewing for me is in the front yard. I have had a number of folks stop by and ask me what I am looking at, and then they get excited to stay and see if it really does come over.

I have gotten pretty good at guessing where it will show up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    got any little tricks or tips you might want to share?.....mac
    Become an astronaut?

10. LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look to the sky through a tube.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

12. Likes kantwin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to go down the street to see more than a little sliver of sky, due to all the trees in my yard.
    I typically will go down to the lake.

14. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast