Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. It was only scheduled for 1 minute of hang time, and that is about what it did. My clocks are all off a minute or 2, so I had to go out earlier than the announced show time. Good thing I did. My neighbors' trees got in the way but moving around the back yard a bit took care of that. Just had to watch out for IEDs. Invisible excrement of dog.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Should be a good view tonight.

Time: Sun Jan 16 6:55 PM, Visible: 5 min, Max Height: 87 degrees Appears: 10 degrees above SW, Disappears: 26 degrees above NE

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Got a fairly good view last night. My wife even made it outside and weathered the cold to watch with me. Hope the clouds cooperate.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Really good view. Flew right over the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure was. Nice and high, with lots of hang time last night. A bit cool outside, but worth the struggle for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice view last night as well. The wife and I went out and watched for about 5 minutes.

7. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Saw if for a minute last night when I went out to turn on the pool's waterfall pump.

Here's tonight's view.

Time: Sat Feb 05 7:08 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 74?, Appears: 10? above NW, Disappears: 14? above SE

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched it as well. If the cloud cover cooperates, tonight should be good for viewing. In a few minutes now. Yep... Nice show. High and bright and a lot of hang time. Makes me wonder what they do up there every day.
    Last edited by sojourner truth; February 5th, 2022 at 7:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, it was good tonight. For right past Orion.

I'm always amazed when I look at the weather app that shows its flight path. When it went out of sight, it was over the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. Kind of makes it seem like the world is small.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose when you are up there looking down, the world does look small. And just think, there are no borders telling what you are looking at. The wife came out and watched a bit with me, but it was a bit cool outside for her to watch the entire show.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast