Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My weather app now shows the location of the space station.

At the time it would have been visible to us, it would have been over Utah.

When it would have gone out of view, it would have been over the Gulf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sky full of clouds has pretty much put my observations on hold for a while.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's why I watched it on my phone last night...Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I watched it on my phone last night...Lol
    I do not own a smart phone, and the old fashioned one I do own can only make calls and take calls.. I can send text messages, but it is hard as heck to do so.

Of course, I only pay about $30 every 3 months or so, but AT and T says they are doing away with 3G technology soon so I may have to upgrade to something more costly.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it for a few minutes far to the south moving east in the far southern sky, but lost it in the neighbors trees after a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I do not own a smart phone, and the old fashioned one I do own can only make calls and take calls.. I can send text messages, but it is hard as heck to do so.

Of course, I only pay about $30 every 3 months or so, but AT and T says they are doing away with 3G technology soon so I may have to upgrade to something more costly.
    Sounds like me! I also have the interesting situation in which my employer is located in one of my carrier's 'dead zones'.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Sounds like me! I also have the interesting situation in which my employer is located in one of my carrier's 'dead zones'.
    Hmm. That situation sounds similar to the one I experienced. As is normal for a field artillery person, I have hearing loss which is at the same audio frequency levels as are typical female voices, thus I have difficulty hearing my wife. She was so pleased when I got my hearing aids only to be disappointed because now I cannot hear her for all the other sounds which now compete for my attention.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hmm. That situation sounds similar to the one I experienced. As is normal for a field artillery person, I have hearing loss which is at the same audio frequency levels as are typical female voices, thus I have difficulty hearing my wife. She was so pleased when I got my hearing aids only to be disappointed because now I cannot hear her for all the other sounds which now compete for my attention.
    Nice thing about hearing aids is that they have an off button...

In my case, I am deaf as a stump in my left ear, and almost as bad in my right... Which is an occupational hazard when one shoots cannons for a living for 20 years or better. The upside is that if I roll on my left side to sleep at night, it is quiet as a church on a Tuesday morning. Bad thing is like last night when my wife went to the bathroom in the dark and got "lost" in our house and I couldn't hear her calling for help until it was shouted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Nice thing about hearing aids is that they have an off button...

In my case, I am deaf as a stump in my left ear, and almost as bad in my right... Which is an occupational hazard when one shoots cannons for a living for 20 years or better. The upside is that if I roll on my left side to sleep at night, it is quiet as a church on a Tuesday morning. Bad thing is like last night when my wife went to the bathroom in the dark and got "lost" in our house and I couldn't hear her calling for help until it was shouted.
    I am not a glass half full person, but the upside of that is, you are there to take care of her. My wife has been really good to me and I hope someday, I can take care of her like you do yours....well that didn't come out right, but you know what I meant.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Rick, kantwin, sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to see it last night at the announced time, but couldn't spot it. I did see a smaller (I assume) satellite going from N to S for a few seconds. Maybe tonight. It says it will be fairly high over the horizon with 7 minutes of viewing time. If the cloud cover permits. Plus, 9:15 is still before my bedtime.

13. Likes Rick liked this post
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast