Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The max height for the 9:36 was only 12?.

That was probably too low unless you're on a hill.

Tomorrow's will be 31?

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that tonights sighting is 19Degrees.. And it lasts for 3 minutes. I will try and spot it, but I am doubtful as to the outcome. The projected time of the sightings are spot on, and I suspect so are the angles involved. But still, spotting it will be tough unless the arc is higher in the sky.

Should be a clear sky for a few nights too.
    Last edited by sojourner truth; September 18th, 2020 at 6:13 PM.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The website said that it needs to be 40? or higher to be able to see it.

They won't send the email notification unless it'll be visible. Of course, they don't know weather in the area...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Good sighting opportunity here in SE AL, sunny most of the day, until late afternoon, and now it's very cloudy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I am curious what the angle was last night at 8:46... The thing was high in the sky and crystal clear. At 9:46 it was not even in my picture.

Of course, the orbital path it takes changes so much, and it is hard to figure out where to look in the sky to start out with. I suppose if I get up a bit higher, it may be easier to see. If I get my 12" telescope out, maybe I can see what they are doing inside.

Like when I got it out last summer and was looking at the moon, and told my wife to come out and see the flag where they planted it. She actually came out and looked. Of course then when she figured out the scope wasn't quite that powerful, I was called every bad name in the book. Never knew there were that many kids of a$$holes.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thursday night was 62?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thursday night was 62?.
    Well, tonight is 30... Maybe we'll get a peek for a few minutes. Only bad thing is the mosquitos also like that time of day/dusk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too much smoke hanging over the area from the wild fires. I could barely make out a handful of the brightest stars, and a small crescent sliver of moon. Plus, 30 Degrees is maybe a bit too low for observation around here.

Hopefully we will have a few 40 to 60 degree observation nights in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    30 degrees to the north from my house isn't possible since we are on lower ground and the higher ground is to the north. I'm satisfied with seeing it the other night. Fortunate to be able to see it for that long.

Would love to view Jupitor and Saturn through your 12" scope. I'm fascinated with the view through my cheap little 4.5" scope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, I was able to see 4 of Jupiter's moons.
    While viewing Saturn, I was struggling to try to get it in focus, only to finally realize that the "fuzz" around Saturn was the rings.
    I only have a small 3" refractor scope that's reliable.
    The 10" reflector alignment scope I have mounts are bent a bit, so using the finder scope doesn't align correctly.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast