Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot the Space Station Tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tonight, weather permitting:

Time: Fri Feb 05 7:47 PM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 61?, Appears: 10? above NW, Disappears: 61? above SSW

2. Likes birdfriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tonight, weather permitting:

Time: Fri Feb 05 7:47 PM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 61?, Appears: 10? above NW, Disappears: 61? above SSW
    I watched it last night for a few minutes, but the high cloud cover made it seem shorter than usual, and hard to predict where it would come from. I have to remind myself to just look up in the general direction and wait for something that moves.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be good tonight too, as the max elevation of it is so high. Last night was pretty good too.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We saw it right after we got home from Fort Worth. A plane flew over and I looked up and saw the space station too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Nice long view too. Tonight will be chancy at best, but I will still go out and look to the west and South west. 7:50 or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it was a fast view last night, and low in the sky. I had some trouble with low level clouds and neighbors blinding lights hampering observation. Not much of a chance tonight as I think cloud cover and such a low elevation will spoil the event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didn't even try to watch it. Was watching the Super Bowl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't even try to watch it. Was watching the Super Bowl.
    I actually burnt sausage on the grill watching the Puppy bowl on TV. My wife loves that thing, and I do too. I have to tell her that those puppies were adopted or destroyed almost a year ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Was supposed to be 7 minutes viewing this morning. I tried to see it, but I guess the ERCOT pieces of #### told them to shut it down and like our local electric companies, they bowed to the whims of people in California, Michigan, and Germany.

Either that. or it was cloudy...

11. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, Ricky, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe tonight for about a minute. First appearance in the PM for a long time, and not so much fun for us old farts who seldom get up before noon.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast