Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Walk Away: a movement made up of...Democrats who are NOT supporting the Party!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never did understand why Republicans took to either of the Bushes.
    well, remember who they were runnin' against. Dukakis, Kerry and Gore!........mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, remember who they were runnin' against. Dukakis, Kerry and Gore!........mac
    Yep... Thanks for the reminder. There are still remnants of the establishment republicans hanging around, and it is very hard for them, or so it seems, to adjust to the new reality of Trump. These folks are part of the swamp that needs to be drained.

FOX news still relies on poll data made clear by Karl Rove, a rabid establishment guy, and that is sad. He tries hard to fit in with the newer thought processes of the party, but is still stuck in his Juan Williams mode of relying on polls to make his comments.

I got a kick out of it on the 5 yesterday when Jessie asked Juan a question and prefaced it with "without citing polls". Williams was worse than my Italian grandfather with his hands tied behind his back.

We all saw how reliable polls were in the last election. Must have been a terrible shock to the people who live and die by those infallible polls. I know it was for Hillary.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting a lot of phone calls and text messages from people wanting to know my intentions in the election. I ignore or delete all of them. Hope everyone else is doing the same.

4. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by birdfriend View Post
    I am getting a lot of phone calls and text messages from people wanting to know my intentions in the election. I ignore or delete all of them. Hope everyone else is doing the same.
    Yep... Same here. That and notices about mail in voting. Since I am over 65, I am eligible for that, but my wife and I will still go down and vote at the polling place, old fashioned style. Not quite to the point where I trust the postal service or politicians with my vote. Nothing better than pulling the lever and hearing that satisfying sound of a vote going on a paper. Hopefully only one ballot.

Democrat tactic... Vote early and vote often. Oh, and my requests for mail in voting paperwork are addressed to "occupant" not me by name. I think I will tell them Si... And my name is Juan Valdez....Por favor.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by birdfriend View Post
    I tell 'em all, "Biden's the man!......
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

7. LOL CenTexDave, birdfriend LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a call yesterday.
    The guy took several seconds to even say, ?hello?, amid plenty of paper rustling.
    He stumbled through the purpose of the call. I must have been his first answer or something.
    Told them I wasn?t interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    He probably wanted to sell you an extended warranty for your vehicle, or maybe energy-efficient windows, or get you to switch cellphone service companies, or upsell you a mortgage with a lower interest rate...

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, he definitely said he was going to ask my political views on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too say that Joe Biden is the nicest man ever put on this earth and how I really love Kamala Harris and believe she is the conduit to heal this torn apart country....as a former Bernie Sanders devotee, our party is solid and ready.
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

13. LOL kantwin, birdfriend, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cell phone is still a Central Texas number (254), so the only reason I answered the phone was because it was an Alabama area code (334).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4