Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NBA threatening to suspend season

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe so, mac, but I would love to take a very large wager on this not happening...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if any of you are confused by what "tresspass you" means, ask one of your peace officer friends.....mac

IS that what happens according to the sign 'TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED!'?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

3. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No NBA this year... That's like saying no more veggies with dinner. Dang....

And as for the announcer who decided to walk off the show in the middle of the broadcast. I would can him immediately and see how much solidarity he feels with the players then. Unlike them, he is not promised a multi million dollar contract whether he plays or not. Want to see how sincere these guys are? Pull their paychecks and see how much they support the cause. If they stay true to the cause, more power to them.. I would respect that. As far as not playing, I could really care less.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Likes CenTexDave, Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    No NBA this year... That's like saying no more veggies with dinner. Dang....

And as for the announcer who decided to walk off the show in the middle of the broadcast. I would can him immediately and see how much solidarity he feels with the players then. Unlike them, he is not promised a multi million dollar contract whether he plays or not. Want to see how sincere these guys are? Pull their paychecks and see how much they support the cause. If they stay true to the cause, more power to them.. I would respect that. As far as not playing, I could really care less.
    Kenny Smith is a retired NBA player. He is still well heeled and really doesn't need the money....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I think rather than demonstrating, the NBA players should get together and write a declaration for all NBA players to sign and promise to abide by....things like teaching and demonstrating how to be when dealing with law enforcement(what makes sense, what doesn't), not fathering anymore illegitimate children to grow up in broken, fatherless homes, to quit using drugs of any kind, to promise to take care of their money and not go broke as so many have, to not promote the gangster lifestyle and wasteful spending so common with NBA players(two hundred thousand dollare necklaces, ten cars, huge diamonds, etc.) and to give a certain percentage of their salaries every year to families in need and kids, programs, and positive organizations in the inner cities, working with the police and doing things like ride a longs with police departments, seeing the real thing, just not p r stunts, to go around the country speaking about racial harmony and respecting the police,.teaching pride, individual responsibility, , working with cities to prevent the crazy numbers of murders, black on black crime, and general lawlessness of the inner cities . patriotism, not division, and finally, any other positive, not negative programs that they would be able to sponsor in the off season,, ...... not just talking about things, endlessly..... sitting down, threatening, and wearing shirts.

We know the NBA and NFL players are never, ever going to do anything like this, but just imagine. How would the public, including minorities, react if they did.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 28th, 2020 at 9:49 PM.

8. Thanks ExKilleencitizen, sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes ExKilleencitizen, gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Kenny Smith is a retired NBA player. He is still well heeled and really doesn't need the money....
    yep, 2 NBA championships with Houston....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    I think rather than demonstrating, the NBA players should get together and write a declaration for all NBA players to sign and promise to abide by....things like teaching and demonstrating how to be when dealing with law enforcement(what makes sense, what doesn't), not fathering anymore illegitimate children to grow up in broken, fatherless homes, to quit using drugs of any kind, to promise to take care of their money and not go broke as so many have, to not promote the gangster lifestyle and wasteful spending so common with NBA players(two hundred thousand dollare necklaces, ten cars, huge diamonds, etc.) and to give a certain percentage of their salaries every year to families in need and kids, programs, and positive organizations in the inner cities, working with the police and doing things like ride a longs with police departments, seeing the real thing, just not p r stunts, to go around the country speaking about racial harmony and respecting the police,.teaching pride, individual responsibility, , working with cities to prevent the crazy numbers of murders, black on black crime, and general lawlessness of the inner cities . patriotism, not division, and finally, any other positive, not negative programs that they would be able to sponsor in the off season,, ...... not just talking about things, endlessly..... sitting down, threatening, and wearing shirts.

We know the NBA and NFL players are never, ever going to do anything like this, but just imagine. How would the public, including minorities, react if they did.
    Well said sickofpc....very well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    yep, 2 NBA championships with Houston....mac
    Well, great... Then he won't mind taking the rest of his life off in protest. No sweat off his wallet.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    Well said sickofpc....very well said.
    "imagine there's no Countries
    it isn't hard to do....."
    john and yoko and plastic ono.
    Last edited by mac; August 29th, 2020 at 2:52 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    I think rather than demonstrating, the NBA players should get together and write a declaration for all NBA players to sign and promise to abide by....
    I'll never understand this but now I hear that Ole Miss is pullin' the same crap, walkin' off the field, not showin' up for practice and the like. the Dean oughtta cancel their scholarships on the spot and tell 'em all to get gone and then he should tell the coach to form a new team....out of students who want to play ball games....

These young men are breaking their word even as you were writing this response, as well as staining forever their honor,......and you want to them to let them sign yet another contract after showing the world that their word ain't worth a cup of spit?......nope, cancel their scholarships and send their asses home and not even let them get on campus again.....in the Pro teams, the owner should just not sign any more checks, trespass 'em all and send them packin'.....mac
    Last edited by mac; August 29th, 2020 at 3:08 PM.

14. Likes gnatsum liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast