Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NBA threatening to suspend season

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NBA may end their season? And? Who cares? This is news why?
    well, I'm an avid NBA fan and have been for quite sometime......all the way back to to the mid 50s.....but I've just 'bout got a nose full of it now what with guys like magic, lebron and kobe bein' treated like royalty.....don't get me wrong, ain't nothin' prettier than watchin' someone like curry, bird, mchale, parish and jordan get loose and turnin' it on but there's just not enough good to out weigh the bad any more......i'm prob'ly finished with all of 'em. things have changed dramatically in the last 5 years or so.......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

2. Likes Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce Aryan, head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,told his team that protesting "didn't do crap". If they really wanted to do some good, go work in the community, put some of their money into the community where it is needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

5. Likes fchafey, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several college football teams, including Baylor, cancelled practice yesterday to protest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lebron would be singing a "different tune" IF HE ever got to do a rid-along with a police officer patrolling a bad section of a city...until he does...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Lebron would be singing a "different tune" IF HE ever got to do a rid-along with a police officer patrolling a bad section of a city...until he does...
    As a friend of mine would say, "keep your yap trap shut"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    wow, Gnat!.....that is so true. that's sort of what happened to Shaq who happens to be a reservist in his home Police Department as are several other NBA players, retired and active....mac
    Last edited by mac; August 28th, 2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

11. Thanks gnatsum thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Bruce Aryan, head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,told his team that protesting "didn't do crap". If they really wanted to do some good, go work in the community, put some of their money into the community where it is needed.
    This all seems so silly to me. I don't believe anyone should have to play a ball game if they don't want to (the days of the Roman gladiators are long over) and, if they don't want to, the Team Owner(s) should simply say, OK, fair enough, no more checks, empty your lockers, pack your stuff, call a cab and leave the property and while you're doing that I will call Security to come and "tresspass" you befor you leave.....mac

if any of you are confused by what "tresspass you" means, ask one of your peace officer friends.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, that all sounds very good to me, but...that is not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    I agree, that all sounds very good to me, but...that is not going to happen.
    Stranger things have happened......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast