Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: No college football this fall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mac, I don't like the NBA. I don't watch the NBA....but, have you ever heard of Kobe Bryant, Mo Bamba, Kevin Durant, Dr. J ?? Those are just a few of the players who opted out of finishing college to sign pro contracts. Of course, Bryant never went to college....I do not like the system of being able to sign underclassmen before they graduate, but that is what the system allows now....Are there some players that are offered pro contracts as sophomores and juniors that don't make it? Sure, there are some, but if my son was offered fifteen million dollars, or even a paltry two or three million dollars to sign a guaranteed pro contract early, uhhhh, I think I would be inclined to tell him to take the offer if that is what he wanted. Then, if my son wanted to finish his degree, for whatever reasons, he could, while having his financial life already guaranteed if he used his money wisely.... It's kind of hard to accumulate a few million dollars with any trade or any career that I know of in today's world.
    One thing having a lot of money does, is that it gives a person options that they otherwise would never have. Just ask Earl Campbell.
    Ludwig, I knew a couple of players in college that had their careers ended by injury. They weren't able to excel in sports like they had hoped, but they did have their college education paid for, which is no small thing.
    Personally, I very, very rarely watch pro football on tv. I might just watch for a little bit, to see what is going on. I never watch the NBA anymore. I do enjoy watching college football and some college basketball.
    mac, if the whole system stinks to you, and you think sports ought to be done away with as they are now, get to work making that happen...The first thing you might do is to convince the millions of sports fans to quit watching sports on tv and to quit spending all the money that they do now to watch sports, college and pro, in person. That would be a great start.
    You really don't have a clue. Everything to you is rainbows and unicorn farts.

How many kids, and yes, college students are kids, would have a dime left from their guaranteed contracts? The vast majority would be dead broke in a couple of years.

Every time you get backed in a corner you always go to the "go and try to fix it". You sound like a kid demanding candy before dinner.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.
     ...to the topTop

2. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, I...I don't have a clue? You are something else. You just can not answer a question directly, and you seem to always give your same tired opinion, not facts, about the same subjects, over and over.
    I understand that many "kids", as well as adults, waste their money, but I would love to see my son get a couple of million dollars to start with. If he wastes it, which I don't think he would, then that is really a sad thing, and that would be on him, but, at least he had the opportunity to be financially set for life, which......most people in life never have....
    You say the "vast majority" of those "kids" would be broke in a very short period of time. Where do you get your facts about the vast majority?
    Just when was I "backed into a corner" and did "go and try to fix it"? If I did, guess that would be stupid, right ? I should just probably bitch and moan and groan about the same things,over, and over, and over,...correct ?...and...I..sound like a kid demanding candy before dinner?..Sure,owl..right.
    You say in your infinite wisdom that there are very few, if any, great universities left, that they are all bastions of liberalism with no qualities at all. They all just try to indoctrinate, not teach.How do you know this? Which of these universities have you attended?..or..Is that... just your opinion, again, reiterated over and over and over, based on absolutely nothing ,but.. your opinion? I know for a fact that my daughter was very well educated at Baylor, getting her PHD, and my wife was also very well educated while getting her PHD. Or, are you of the opinion that Baylor is not a quality university, up to your standards ?
    Before I let my youngest daughter go back to UNT, what is your opinion of that university, owl? I sure don't want her to go to a school that you think is substandard and just filled with "liberal" ideas.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 17th, 2020 at 1:03 PM.
     ...to the topTop

4. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sojourner, thanks so much, ... not completely true, but...just keep that in mind the next time you start to give one of your absolutely qualified, certified "opinions".
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, I...I don't have a clue? You are something else. You just can not answer a question directly, and you seem to always give your same tired opinion, not facts, about the same subjects, over and over.
    I understand that many "kids", as well as adults, waste their money, but I would love to see my son get a couple of million dollars to start with. If he wastes it, which I don't think he would, then that is really a sad thing, and that would be on him, but, at least he had the opportunity to be financially set for life, which......most people in life never have....
    You say the "vast majority" of those "kids" would be broke in a very short period of time. Where do you get your facts about the vast majority?
    Just when was I "backed into a corner" and did "go and try to fix it"? If I did, guess that would be stupid, right ? I should just probably bitch and moan and groan about the same things,over, and over, and over,...correct ?...and...I..sound like a kid demanding candy before dinner?..Sure,owl..right.
    You say in your infinite wisdom that there are very few, if any, great universities left, that they are all bastions of liberalism with no qualities at all. They all just try to indoctrinate, not teach.How do you know this? Which of these universities have you attended?..or..Is that... just your opinion, again, reiterated over and over and over, based on absolutely nothing ,but.. your opinion? I know for a fact that my daughter was very well educated at Baylor, getting her PHD, and my wife was also very well educated while getting her PHD. Or, are you of the opinion that Baylor is not a quality university, up to your standards ?
    Before I let my youngest daughter go back to UNT, what is your opinion of that university, owl? I sure don't want her to go to a school that you think is substandard and just filled with "liberal" ideas.
    The one thing you are great at is deflection. That is the one talent you have mastered.

Easy answer. Maybe you should go to your safe place. I hear they have those at all the universities you mentioned. Just what the heck is a safe place? Are those safe places for Conservatives? Thought not.

...to the topTop

7. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing you are great at is deflection. That is the one talent you have mastered.

Easy answer. Maybe you should go to your safe place. I hear they have those at all the universities you mentioned. Just what the heck is a safe place? Are those safe places for Conservatives? Thought not.

you write paragraphs and it means nothing. Not worth the time you took to write it.

...to the topTop

9. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, tell me what issue I deflected, if you can. ..I am still waiting for a talent that you have mastered, besides griping and whining about the same things over, and over, and over.
    I am not familiar with a "safe place". Apparently, you are. Please tell me what you use as a "safe place".
    My writing means nothing? Then don't read it.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, tell me what issue I deflected, if you can. ..I am still waiting for a talent that you have mastered, besides griping and whining about the same things over, and over, and over.
    I am not familiar with a "safe place". Apparently, you are. Please tell me what you use as a "safe place".
    You just did it... And you must be less than stellar in humor, or more likely, satire recognition. One thing a liberal does not have is a sense of humor, and lately you have been showing that fairly regularly.

And like I said before, you remind me of someone else who used to post quite often in that you never have an answer, but either deflect or ask a question instead. No problem... Carry on sir. At least I claim what I say is an opinion and not a certified fact. Even what I see on TV or read in the paper or on the internet is not certified as the truth. Especially if it comes from the MSM.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

...to the topTop

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read all posts. If you don't want me to read and comment on yours then stop writing. Maybe you can stay in your safe place and whine.

If you don't know about safe places, which I doubt, then you aren't very well informed. Unlike you, I don't need a safe place and those of your ilk. I guess your 2 degrees made you dumb or stupid.

I know you think you know it all, but from what I've read of yours, you only know what others tell you to spout. You sound exactly like those learned people always spouting crap on CNN and their ilk. You remind me of another poster here that claimed they were conservative until they outed themselves and showed their true liberal colors.

...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, ..Very good, you used a word like ilk, twice... If you just don't like my posts, maybe you should not put yourself throught the agony of reading them.
    I am still waiting for you to tell me how I deflected anything. ?????
    You are the person who brought up "safe" places. Please explain to me what they are. Evidently, you are familiar with them.
    You love, absolutely love, to bring up my two degrees, which I mentioned one time, bless your heart. I do know that you have an inferiority complex about a lot of things, owl, I understand. It shows.
    Fyi, nobody tells me what to say, thank you. I know you like to also mention CNN and the other liberal outlets, but, sorry, I don't watch them.
    Owl, I can just see you..if the words liberal, snowflake, taxes, teachers, and deflection were taken out of your vocabulary. I can really picture you with your lips together, mumbling to yourself, trying your best to say something, get something out, without using those words, but...you just can't do it.
    Speaking of deflection, I don't recall you answering one question that I asked of you, did you?
    "unlike you, I don't need a safe place and those of your ilk?" ???
    I never said, nor do I believe that I know it all. That is your lane....I just give facts, whereas you most always just give your oft repeated opinions, about the same things, over, and over, and over.
    If you guess my two degrees made me "dumb and stupid" as you say (excellent reasoning, btw), then so be it. I won't try to belittle you in such a childish way, but..I do wonder what you give credit to for making you so unbelievably "uninformed"(to put it very nicely) about so many things.
    The next time you give us one of your opinions, again, ..and again....just try to back it up with a fact or two.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 17th, 2020 at 4:19 PM.
     ...to the topTop

15. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    st, I just did what? You are telling me ...that I must be less than stellar in humor, or more likely, satire recognition.???..Now you are trying to tell me I am liberal (you mention msm) because I don't have a sense of humor? .lol...I'll tell you something, st, if I didn't have a sense of humor, I damn sure wouldn't be messaging you or the resident griper in charge
    Please give me an example of an opinion that I gave that I didn't back up with facts. That might have occured, but I don' t remember it. and, please tell me when I deflected something (as your deflection guru does?).
    I do certainly agree with you about one thing,.... everything you say is usually your opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that (unless, of course, you might be very mistaken with your opinion)
     ...to the topTop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast