Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: No college football this fall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These are the Rangers mac... Very experienced at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Wish I had a dime for every time my wife has tossed the remote at them during a game.
    well, i don't throw no remotes but i definitely know the feeling....
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, i don't throw no remotes but i definitely know the feeling....
    She says it's better than swearing. Imagine that... a retired SGM who doesn't swear.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Several big time high school recruits from around the country opting out of their senior high school seasons to go ahead and enroll in their university pick. ...
     ...to the topTop

4. Likes Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    She says it's better than swearing. Imagine that... a retired SGM who doesn't swear.
    Swearing, a.k.a. cussing, has always been a manly art. It is the rare female that picks it up, and never a lady.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Swearing, a.k.a. cussing, has always been a manly art. It is the rare female that picks it up, and never a lady.
    Hardest habit I ever had to break when I retired... Learning how not to swear. I remember my mom telling me that swearing was an excuse for poor vocabulary, or used by ignorant people in order to win an argument when their logic did not stand up to scrutiny.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

...to the topTop

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Several big time high school recruits from around the country opting out of their senior high school seasons to go ahead and enroll in their university pick. ...
    they can do that before they even start their senior year?....wow!....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    now then, that there is another "profundity" and a very very true one....mac

the old man used to call 'em "rougher'n a cob".....
    Last edited by mac; August 15th, 2020 at 4:49 PM.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Some colleges are choosing to opt out of the season, some choosing to play. Some players wanting to play, some wanting to opt out for a year, some parents in favor of having a season, some wanting to postpone or cancel the season,... different opinions with different "experts"....It's going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with the college teams that are going to play this fall. Different protocols for different teams, keeping some players away from others during practice, masks or no masks in practice and games, no celebrations after scores encouraged, whether or not to have fans, how often testing, .. ..who all will be quarantined if a positive occurs, and for how long, for the infected player and players that have been in contact,.. consideration for preexisting conditions, the possibility of future lawsuits, all sorts of things that colleges will have to be concerned with... that will have to be addressed every day, with off field behaviors, practice norms, and game behaviors. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out....
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 16th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Some colleges are choosing to opt out of the season, some choosing to play. Some players wanting to play, some wanting to opt out for a year, some parents in favor of having a season, some wanting to postpone or cancel the season,... different opinions with different "experts"....It's going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with the college teams that are going to play this fall. Different protocols for different teams, keeping some players away from others during practice, masks or no masks in practice and games, no celebrations after scores encouraged, whether or not to have fans, how often testing, .. ..who all will be quarantined if a positive occurs, and for how long, for the infected player and players that have been in contact,.. consideration for preexisting conditions, the possibility of future lawsuits, all sorts of things that colleges will have to be concerned with... that will have to be addressed every day, with off field behaviors, practice norms, and game behaviors. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out....
    just think, for a moment, how neat it would be if colleges and universities got out of playing games and concentrated their resources on educating and education.....or even training! Wow, what a concept!............mac
     ...to the topTop

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That really would be a "neat "idea. However,
    ...some reasons that colleges and universities are probably not going to do that, .... Texas...$223, 879, 781 in revenue, Texas A&M $ 212, 748, 002, and Ohio State, $210,548, 239 in revenue... Plus, the economic , cultural, and social impact that college football has on universities, towns, businesses, exes, fans, etc.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 16th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
     ...to the topTop

14. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast