Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: No college football this fall?

Post Thanks / Like
    No active players have been hospitalized that I know of, but several retired football and basketball players have been hospitalized, with some dying from Corona complications.
    I'm not sure, but I believe the "holdouts", those that choose not to play this year, get somewhere between 200 and 300 thousand dollars, depending on their contracts. Not sure, but think that is correct.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 12th, 2020 at 4:40 PM.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several NFL players that have decided not to participate in the season.
    There are many millions of Americans that have done the same.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are right, but looking at how many "fans" pay the prices that they do to go to games, and fans that didn't blink at the kneeling for the anthem, not real sure.

I'll tell you when one of the best times for me watching pro football was. It was when the players went out on strike, and the NFL had the replacement players take their place. I really liked watching the replacements.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 12th, 2020 at 7:16 PM.
     ...to the topTop

4. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the big 12 may play after all this season. If you can't watch football, watching the big 12 is almost as good.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

...to the topTop

6. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm done with the NFL. I've been done with the NBA for years. MLB is boring to watch unless your there in person. I will and have found other things to do with my time.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.
     ...to the topTop

8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably am too. I have tried to watch some hockey....meh and that is sad, I love hockey, always have. Baseball is boring unless you are there, I couldn't agree more. With the NBA, I used to like to watch the beginning of the OKC games as they stood until OKC scored, that arena was always packed and the Oklahoma City fans really supported that team well. Have not watched an NBA game this year. Covid has taught me to find other things to do, and since the golf course opened on May 11th, I am once again a single digit rat and the wife's game has improved as well. I check scores and do some light reading at ESPN and that's about it. Not going to races, baseball, or hockey has saved us a ton of money. With covid, it is even a PITA to travel some where to play golf. Somehow I believe that covid is a form or terrorism....
    Last edited by fchafey; August 13th, 2020 at 8:41 AM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly
     ...to the topTop

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sports this year is almost a done deal... as being non existent. I have given up on them and gone to doing jigsaw puzzles to entertain myself.

I am on puzzle #8 or so right now.

I did watch the Rangers pull one out of a ... hat... last night as they played the Mariners. A team they notoriously lose to. They pretty much swept the Angels, and have discovered, late in the game yesterday, what a bat is for.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    I will not watch any sports that panders to the radical left of this country, especially to the terrorist organization also known as BLM. This includes NASCAR, NFL, MLB, NBA, or NCAA football. They want to pander to the left? Great, they'll do it without me.
     ...to the topTop

13. Thanks sojourner truth, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sports this year is almost a done deal... as being non existent. I have given up on them and gone to doing jigsaw puzzles to entertain myself.

I am on puzzle #8 or so right now.

I did watch the Rangers pull one out of a ... hat... last night as they played the Mariners. A team they notoriously lose to. They pretty much swept the Angels, and have discovered, late in the game yesterday, what a bat is for.
    yep, hell they might even save their season after a really terrible start...........mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yep, hell they might even save their season after a really terrible start...........mac
    These are the Rangers mac... Very experienced at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Wish I had a dime for every time my wife has tossed the remote at them during a game.

...to the topTop

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast