Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR will not practice or qualify for the remainder of the season

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb NASCAR will not practice or qualify for the remainder of the season

July 21, 2020 at 3:47 PM

UPDATE: "Following discussions with our race teams and the broader industry, NASCAR will continue to conduct its race weekends without practice and qualifying for the remainder of the 2020 season in all three national series. The current format has worked well in addressing several challenges during our return to racing. Most importantly, we have seen competitive racing week-to-week. NASCAR will adjust the starting lineup draw procedure for the Playoff races, and will announce the new process at a later date." ? Scott Miller, NASCAR Senior Vice President, Competition

? NASCAR ?

ORIGINAL POST 7-20-2020: NASCAR has no timeline to reintroduce practice and qualifying in the coming weeks but the series is beginning to consider its options for qualifying, according to senior vice president of competition Scott Miller.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, Miller said the sport is committed to not holding practice or qualifying through Aug. 23 at Dover. The timeframe includes the Daytona road course, which drivers in all three series will compete on for the first time without the benefit of previous track-time in their respective cars. Dover will host five NASCAR national series races with doubleheaders for both the Xfinity and Cup Series on the schedule.

"What?s beyond that, I think is still a little bit up in the air," said Miller. "To have practice and qualifying, we have to have more people on the rosters. There are a lot more things that need to go on in the garage, so very much more difficult to execute all the safety protocols with the COVID-19.

"To get back anything different than what we?re doing now is really going to take a significant change in sort of the landscape on COVID-19. At least through Dover, it will be the draws as we know it."

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Money must be really tight....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    No fans
    No merchandise sales
    No food sales

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It'll keep Kyle Busch crying, so I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fans
    No merchandise sales
    No food sales
    Texas last week had fans. Thought the papers said just over 20,000 in the stands. Social distancing went out the door when the race was red flagged, and a few hundred fans left their seats to head to the section of the track (Turn 4 exit/front dogleg entrance) where the racers were 'parked'!!
    NO merchandise TRAILERS from the various teams there...but TMS did open up several of their souvenir stands. Got a Ryan Blaney shirt for $5.
    Most of the food sales were open. Not all of them, but enough to have some variety (BBQ, pizza, hot dogs, funnel cakes, shaved ice, etc.) They banned coolers from being brought in, and anything that was brought in HAD TO be in a CLEAR bag! Brought me a sandwich, chips, and a few sodas.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

6. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Texas last week had fans. Thought the papers said just over 20,000 in the stands. Social distancing went out the door when the race was red flagged, They banned coolers from being brought in, and anything that was brought in HAD TO be in a CLEAR bag! Brought me a sandwich, chips, and a few sodas.
    You had soda in a clear bag? How did you keep it from going flat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    You had soda in a clear bag? How did you keep it from going flat?
    the pop was prob'ly in bottles or cans in a clear bag, savvy?
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

9. LOL gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    the pop was prob'ly in bottles or cans in a clear bag, savvy?
    I savvy just fine. I was pokin' fun at gnatsum.

11. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a product I saw a few years ago, that was "evaluated" by a columnist at Sports Illustrated. It was called 'The Beer Belly", and was designed to fit under a person's shirt and look like a beer belly, for sports fans and others,seeking to enter a venue that prohibits "outside food and beverages" from being brought in. The liquid inside the "Belly" was accessed via a tube with a cap on it, that was supposed to be run down a person's leg...or "worse", accessed via the zipper in the person's pants (now there's a 'visual" i care not to see...)...
    Columnist then wondered if there was a similar product for women. Beer bellies are 'rare' on females (see them, though. Still trying to "unsee" them...), so if a product like the Beer Belly could be altered to look like the belly of a woman in her third trimester...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    ... Beer bellies are 'rare' on females (see them, though. Still trying to "unsee" them...)...
    Beer-belly, prego-belly, it's all the same. That reminds me of an event at an art fair in Salado a few years back. We had a woman customer buying some of our stained glass. As I was processing her credit card, to fill the quiet time, presuming from her appearance that she was in the very late stage of pregnancy, I asked her when she was due. She responded, "I'M NOT PREGNANT!" Yes, I lost that sale.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

14. LOL Grasshopperglock, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast