Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Opening of school for KISD

Post Thanks / Like
    So I had heard that there were two KISD custodians had tested positive for COVID-19 since district employees had returned to work at district schools since June 1st. There was a total of 1,700 employees with 2 testing positive, according to my math that is .01 percent. Now that's not zero (0) percent, but are we going to stay locked up in our homes and not go out until COVID-19 is no longer here? If that's the case than go ahead and board up the schools because that will never happen.

2. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of my points all along--the number of people testing positive has NEVER (as far as I've read or heard...) gotten over ONE PERCENT of the population. yes, the number of positive cases has gone up, but that could be attributed to mre people being tested...or more false positives? The death rate, while over 150,000 now, is still less than one percent of the total population of the U.S., and there's still that notion that many of those deaths are incorrectly attributed to the virus (he died of a stroke while on the way to being tested. He tested positive during the autopsy, so yep, he died of the virus...).

What was the predicted death toll in the U.S., back in the "early days" of the virus? Half a million? Over a million? I forgot.

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    couple million at one point. Turn on the TV and its run for the house and lock it up tight. Never come out. Pelosi said the GOP is against the working class for denying the 600 checks. I thought if you are working, you don't get the checks. Then there is McConnell with those ear buds in, looks like a turtle with old style hearing aids...Fuaci states now we need a face shield/eye pro.....here we go.....
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever notice that $600 / 40 hours a week = $15?
    Yup, that magical $15 an hour the Democrats always want.
    But that $600 is on TOP of any other state unemployment one gets.

7. Thanks sojourner truth, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever notice that $600 / 40 hours a week = $15?
    Yup, that magical $15 an hour the Democrats always want.
    But that $600 is on TOP of any other state unemployment one gets.
    Ah... Someone has done the math.... Good. Lets see how teachers like the unemployment pay even at $600. Nope... Let's all sit at the house and wait on our check to go to the bank.

Keep moving the goalposts until there is zero chance of getting the virus and see what is left. I hear crickets. Even Fauci, the darling of the left, is saying there may never be a vaccine that is proven 100% effective. After all, he made his money on finding and AIDs vaccine, which he never did find.

There is such a thing as way too much caution, and I think we are getting to see just how silly this "I won't go outside until it is guaranteed safe" mentality is getting.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    couple million at one point. Turn on the TV and its run for the house and lock it up tight. Never come out. Pelosi said the GOP is against the working class for denying the 600 checks. I thought if you are working, you don't get the checks. Then there is McConnell with those ear buds in, looks like a turtle with old style hearing aids...Fuaci states now we need a face shield/eye pro.....here we go.....
    When Pelosi refers to the "working class" she's referring to everyone who doesn't live in a mansion likehers. Not all folks in the working class ARE working.
    Maybe she's trying to create some "sympathy" for the working class members who LOST their jobs to the pandemic--bartenders, wait staff, bouncers, Chuck E. Cheese employees, and anyone who worked for a "non-essential business" that hasn't yet been cleared to reopen?

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

10. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pelosi wouldn't know what work is if it fell in her lap... But it is where she gets her tax dollars tom buy votes from. She should be a bit more aware and appreciative, IMO.

But then, many folks think all the government needs to do is print up more money and they will get a bite and things will be fine even if they do not do any work. A 4 letter word nowadays. Ask the people of Rwanda how the government printing more money works out, as they head to the store with a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a crumb of bread.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

12. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    The 2020 edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football hit stores two weeks or so ago. Predicted that Killeen Ellison would finish FOURTH in district, behind...I don't remember offhand...
    Could be interesting at football games this year. IF they mandate 'social distancing' in the stands, there won't be any room except for the BAND!!
    Cove will finish last as they return to their non-glory days of yesteryear
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

14. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first time a kid goes to school with a Spider-Man mask and comes home with a Ninja Turtle mask because he traded mask, the schools will shut down with the rapidness.

16. Likes Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    The first time a kid goes to school with a Spider-Man mask and comes home with a Ninja Turtle mask because he traded mask, the schools will shut down with the rapidness.
    You should have posted that meme.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

18. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast