Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Stuff ( Messages moved from Missing Soldier Topic)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh... Haven't been to the range in years. And I have plenty of toys to shoot. I like my M1a, and my AK.... My AR is ok, but after having lugged one around forever, it wouldn't appeal to me unless it dispensed cold beer. One of my new favorites is my MP 15-22. Shoots faster than heck, and the ammo is cheap. I have a 1911 but can't hit a bull in the butt if it is farther than 20 feet away. Now my 9mm and .380... they are nice little home protection pieces. I always have one of them within arms reach. My wife hates it, especially when company comes over, but that's tough.
    My son and I went to the range in Cove last Thursday and had a good time trying out a few different guns. He found a 1911 he liked at Guns Galore on Thursday and went back to buy it and the darn placed closed 15 minutes early! He worked all day Friday so he went first thing Saturday and it was gone. Glad he toom me to get my gun first.

We are going to go look at a couple of stores in Belton and Temple tomorrow to see if there is anything he likes.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    My son and I went to the range in Cove last Thursday and had a good time trying out a few different guns. He found a 1911 he liked at Guns Galore on Thursday and went back to buy it and the darn placed closed 15 minutes early! He worked all day Friday so he went first thing Saturday and it was gone. Glad he toom me to get my gun first.

We are going to go look at a couple of stores in Belton and Temple tomorrow to see if there is anything he likes.
    My brother, God rest his soul, had quite the arsenal. It has been two tears, but my sister in law can’t let go of anything, yet. I understand that, but I sure would love his SigSauer compact .45. My nephew, who has the biggest arsenal in the family, is trying to get me to go the CZ route. I need a compact for my LTC.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    My brother, God rest his soul, had quite the arsenal. It has been two tears, but my sister in law can’t let go of anything, yet. I understand that, but I sure would love his SigSauer compact .45. My nephew, who has the biggest arsenal in the family, is trying to get me to go the CZ route. I need a compact for my LTC.

Any thoughts?
    My son bought me a very pretty S&W Shield EZ .380 and I love it! What makes it so pretty is it's Tiffany Blue! LOL Do like we did...scope out several that you like then go to a range and rent them to see what you like the best.

My son was torn between the Glock 17 and 1911 45 and after shooting we both like the 1911 best.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

4. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    My brother, God rest his soul, had quite the arsenal. It has been two tears, but my sister in law can?t let go of anything, yet. I understand that, but I sure would love his SigSauer compact .45. My nephew, who has the biggest arsenal in the family, is trying to get me to go the CZ route. I need a compact for my LTC.

Any thoughts?
    well, there ain't no doubt about it, that CZ you're talkin' 'bout is undoubtedly a very fine pistol. I've had 2 of 'em and, boy howdy!.....sure do like 'em, slick as grease...........but I would still recommend to you to go the Ruger route.......I may wind up by 5 of 'em this fall....anybody know if that gunshop over in Holland is still there?.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love my 1911... If you miss, it sure scares the crap out of the intended target. If you hit it. it will not need a second round. Unless you are just wanting to add misery to pain.

My Sig Sauer double action slider was an excellent handgun, and it saw more than a few Graf trips. I had to get rid of it when my wife found our daughter (then 4 years old) had climbed up on top of pillows and toys and got it down from on top of our shrank. Never mind that the rounds were well hidden and no where near the gun. When she saw the baby, and the gun, that was all it took. Never bought another weapon until daughter grew up and married and moved out. Momma is still nervous because I always sleep with a firearm close to me, and she tends to wander about at night.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I taught my youngest daughter at 5 to shoot. First it was 22lr. Then 17HMR.

Set her and her sister up on a small hill. Placed the target 25yards out. After a safety talk. I set The bag of ammo between them. From reloading the mag to charging the rifle. All I had to do was re-up the ammo.

Fast forward to this household that didn't have a firearm when I showed up. Now Mom has a S&W Shield in 9mm. Her daughter has a 380 Glock(42).

I don't sleep with a firearm. But there's a Glock 43, and an AR Pistol next to the bed. Extra mags for both and a back scratcher. I hate waking up with an itch.

As for a daily carry. It's a S&W Airweight revolver and two knives. Ones a push dagger, the other is a lock blade. Both are Benchmade.
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; July 14th, 2020 at 2:18 PM.

10. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love my 1911... If you miss, it sure scares the crap out of the intended target. If you hit it. it will not need a second round. Unless you are just wanting to add misery to pain.

My Sig Sauer double action slider was an excellent handgun, and it saw more than a few Graf trips. I had to get rid of it when my wife found our daughter (then 4 years old) had climbed up on top of pillows and toys and got it down from on top of our shrank. Never mind that the rounds were well hidden and no where near the gun. When she saw the baby, and the gun, that was all it took. Never bought another weapon until daughter grew up and married and moved out. Momma is still nervous because I always sleep with a firearm close to me, and she tends to wander about at night.
    My son found his gun today. A Springfield Amory 1911 45

BOYCOTT

12. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    My son found his gun today. A Springfield Amory 1911 45
    Yep... That is the one I have in the dresser next to my bed. Nice copy of the real deal. And it shoots and tears down the exact same way. Springfield does an excellent job of making military rip offs... My M1a is a spitting image of my old M14, except for the bayonet lug, it is almost the same.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips, guys.

16. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... That is the one I have in the dresser next to my bed. Nice copy of the real deal. And it shoots and tears down the exact same way. Springfield does an excellent job of making military rip offs... My M1a is a spitting image of my old M14, except for the bayonet lug, it is almost the same.
    He was hesitant at first. He originally wanted a Rock Island but when he went back it was gone. This one was about $500 more but after he saw it had a nice case and a few accessories with it he was happy.

BOYCOTT

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast