Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Stuff ( Messages moved from Missing Soldier Topic)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was hesitant at first. He originally wanted a Rock Island but when he went back it was gone. This one was about $500 more but after he saw it had a nice case and a few accessories with it he was happy.
    whoa up......what's the difference 'tween a "Rock Island" and a Springfield? Aren't they one and the same?.....sure hope your son didn't get ripped off by a shyster gundealer....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looky here,

The Feds shut down a Chinese website that deals in, "Solvent Traps".

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/china-detroit-guns/

Now before you get upset that you didn't know about the website. That now, you'll have to risk getting bore cleaner on the carpet. Being an environmentally irresponsibly butthead.

That's OK because these guys have been around a couple decades.

https://www.preppersdiscount.com
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; July 15th, 2020 at 8:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Yeah, I don't shoot it much.
    Back a few years ago when all 22 ammo was hard to come by is when I pretty much stopped looking.
    I have a couple of boxes of 22WRF.
    I think you are going to have to have some custom made.

Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    Trying to convince some female friends to ?arm up?. Unfortunately, they all want ?cute? guns, with low calibers. One is real excited about her pink .22. She has never fired it. When I suggested she get a shotgun, because those stop more home invaders (usually even the sound of racking one up will make the burglar flee), she said she didn?t want to be ?Annie Oakley?. Oy.
    I will try to find a story from a while back about someone shot with a 22.
    I used to have two of them, one kinda funny and one kinda bloody.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

4. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sort of like the redneck who blew a fuse in his pickup and tried to replace it with a 22LR round he found laying on the floor of said pickup... He made the Darwins list of dumbasses who deserved to meet their maker.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. LOL txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hypothetically speaking:

Hey this pin is stuck in the T&E.....
    I think I can get it out with a round.....
    Hey Dumba$$, you are using the tip, turn it around you get a flatter face....
    Thanks.....BOOM!.....Where did my thumb and 1st finger go?

15-6 recommendation? purchase little hammers to hang off the T&E to help aid in pin removal. Priceless, absolutely priceless.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    LOL Mestral, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    I will try to find a story from a while back about someone shot with a 22.
    I used to have two of them, one kinda funny and one kinda bloody.
    These links don't work any more (gee, they're only 8 years old), but I have some clippings from them:
    http://www.texas-fire.com/2012/02/sh...-fire-station/
    http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/139864623.html
    Police said the 41-year-old man, whose name was not released, attempted suicide by shooting himself in the chest with a .22 caliber rifle. Afterward he evidently changed his mind and drove himself to the fire station to request medical assistance. He suffered a collapse lung, but is expected to recover, police said.
    The second story is in the "not nearly so nice" catagory. This appeared on the website "BrassFetcher," but now that site is gone.
    Sammie Foust had never fired a gun in her life. She aimed for the man's center of mass and pulled the trigger. It sounded like a little cap pistol. There was no recoil, no blood. She figured the gun had misfired.
    The medical examiner concluded the first shot had entered his mouth, the second his heart, the third and fourth bullets his abdomen and groin. He had taken nearly an hour to bleed to death.
    The bad news for her is that he almost beat her to death before succumbing to the effects of being shot.

Here is part of an article I wrote on the subject of defending yourself with a handgun:
    The results of shooting someone with a small caliber weapon are unpredictable. In all likelihood, the results will not be immediate. But they could still very easily bleed to death later. This is the intimidation factor of a small caliber weapon, that the person will suffer serious injury and might die.

But there is a vast difference between what a robber might use to intimidate someone he doesn't think will be armed, and what a person should use to defend his or her home. The first one chooses to intimidate, the second has little choice, but to fight.

When faced with a situation where you must fight, your objective isn't, "sometime later, they might die." The objective is that they will imediately not be able to carry through with the attack.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite story was about the woman who was shot 7 times by her husband with a .25 automatic. She went to the ER complaining of chest pain, and the doctor removed all of the bullets that had barely broken the skin on her chest.

My dad used to tell me that it would be better to have a hammer than a .25 auto.

I do keep an MP 15-22 under my bed at night. It would be my second choice after my 45 in case of a break in. Still, the MP has a 30 round clip so I suppose it would be a slow and painful ordeal for the recipient.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I can't find the written account of the third story, but I remember it well, since it was my old neighborhood. SouthEast Austin in the early 80's was pretty run down. We had "day labor" workers that lived in the area, many of them in some apartments on a street named Durwood. There is a park next to the apartments, and I think it used to be called Durwood Park, now the map shows Gillis Gark.

A couple of the "Day Laborers" got into an argument over pay, and when one began to walk away, the other drew a 22 caliber pistol and shot him in the back. Seeing the man fall down, the shooter got into his car and drove away. Once the shooter was gone, the other guy got up and drove himself several miles, to the hospital (near 15th and I-35, called Brackenridge Hospital at the time, but I don't think it is there, now).

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a BB stuck in my back. Middle school fight on the walk home. I was shot in the back. It went about a half inch in.

I felt the tap but that was it. At the time I was wearing a black shirt. A friend asked why my shirt was wet. So I pulled up my shirt. The wet was blood.

The doctor asked if I wanted him to cut it out. That's a negatory, Doc.

It's creepy being in an MRI. I swear I can feel it move.

Then there was the time, I was peppered with a load of bird shot out of a 410. Unlike the BB, shotgun pellets hurt like a bitch. But none of them penetrated. Lucky for me. The bird shot was lead. The BB was American made steel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Sort of like the redneck who blew a fuse in his pickup and tried to replace it with a 22LR round he found laying on the floor of said pickup... He made the Darwins list of dumbasses who deserved to meet their maker.
    As I heard the story, the fool did not die but had his gonads shot off. Either way, he was a dumbass.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

14. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast