Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Stuff ( Messages moved from Missing Soldier Topic)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pump action rifle in 22WRF.
    Super hard to find ammo for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh... Haven't been to the range in years. And I have plenty of toys to shoot. I like my M1a, and my AK.... My AR is ok, but after having lugged one around forever, it wouldn't appeal to me unless it dispensed cold beer. One of my new favorites is my MP 15-22. Shoots faster than heck, and the ammo is cheap. I have a 1911 but can't hit a bull in the butt if it is farther than 20 feet away. Now my 9mm and .380... they are nice little home protection pieces. I always have one of them within arms reach. My wife hates it, especially when company comes over, but that's tough.
    Enjoy the laugh. I took my CHL class back in 2010 i guess with my Colt Combat Commander 45 (yes princess likes Colts and HKs too). We lined up, the range guy stated lock and load one magazine, place your weapons on fire and....BOOM!....cease fire cease fire, who was that? My son in law happily said "The Safety Guy"...the instructor made me tell everyone what I do for a living and then tell them how range safety is important. Everyone was laughing pretty hard when the instructor said, lets have some fun, he then said everyone except the safety guy, place your weapons on safe, drop your magazines and clear your weapons. We shall watch Safety Fred qualify....great....... I qualified....barely.....it was kind of funny...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I have a pump action rifle in 22WRF.
    Super hard to find ammo for that.
    Here you go,

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22wrf

The availability isn't an issue. It's the price. 20cents each on average.

Edit: Here's another website that show real time ammo prices,

http://www.gunbot.net
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; July 12th, 2020 at 5:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock View Post
    Here you go,

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22wrf

The availability isn't an issue. It's the price. 20cents each on average.

Edit: Here's another website that show real time ammo prices,

http://www.gunbot.net
    Yeah, I don't shoot it much.
    Back a few years ago when all 22 ammo was hard to come by is when I pretty much stopped looking.
    I have a couple of boxes of 22WRF.
    Last edited by kantwin; July 12th, 2020 at 5:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Yeah, I don't shoot it much.
    Back a few years ago when all 22 ammo was hard to come by is when I pretty much stopped looking.
    I have a couple of boxes of 22WRF.
    I'm about the same. I have a little over a thousand of 22lr. I'd always buy the Winchester white box 550rounds.

I guess my most unique calibre is 450 Bushmaster. I have about 120 rounds.

I'm not going to say how much 5.56 I have. Lithuanian NATO surplus, headstamp, "GGG" . Steel core. With enough reloading supplies to redo them all plus 1000.

Maybe 50 rounds of 9mm. 15-20 of 40 S&W. 15(?) Rounds of 38 Special.

I won't and don't need more ammo for the perceivable future. Unless it's 308. I need some of that. 12ga bird shot too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a ton of 22LR. My MP 15-22 only like American Eagle brand, and has all sorts of issues with anything else.

I too have a ton of 7.62 Nato and Russian (7.62x39) Easy enough to get at most times, and 5.56 and 223. My AR will eat both 223 and 5.56. Don't have much pistol ammo though. Few hundred rounds of 45, 9mm and .380.

Still, that's plenty to either start my own war, or make someone very happy should they get into my stash.

ANyhow, as for todays update, it seems that the major news outlets are now carrying the story about Vanessa Guillen as it has something they are interested in... Trying to make the Army look bad. Got news folks, the Army doesn't need any help doing that.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to convince some female friends to ?arm up?. Unfortunately, they all want ?cute? guns, with low calibers. One is real excited about her pink .22. She has never fired it. When I suggested she get a shotgun, because those stop more home invaders (usually even the sound of racking one up will make the burglar flee), she said she didn?t want to be ?Annie Oakley?. Oy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    Trying to convince some female friends to ?arm up?. Unfortunately, they all want ?cute? guns, with low calibers. One is real excited about her pink .22. She has never fired it. When I suggested she get a shotgun, because those stop more home invaders (usually even the sound of racking one up will make the burglar flee), she said she didn?t want to be ?Annie Oakley?. Oy.
    And besides, Sleepy Joe Biden said to just get a double barrel shotgun and if somebody is breaking into your house, just go outside and fire 2 shotgun rounds in the air to scare them off. When the Minneapolis riots started, Sleepy Joe said he didn't understand why police weren't trained to just shoot suspects in the leg. This guy is just absolutely stupid. Stupid + Left Wing Nutcase + Dementia = Down right dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I handed the woman a Remington 700 in 308. Had her stand up and free hand shoot it. Figuring she'd drop the rifle or complain about the recoil.

Nope. She popped off another 2 rounds and enjoyed it.

Recoil is a lot less standing up. The body absorbs it better then shooting off a bench.

I can do 5-7 rounds of 450 Bushmaster off the bench before my shoulder is tender. Standing up, it feels close to high brass 12ga.

10. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went looking through my change box for a West Point minted quarter. It has a "W" on the face of the coin.

During the coin hunt. I found some boxes I had forgot about.

Forget what I said about 9mm. I have hundreds of rounds. Also have about 200rounds of 300 Blackout. The barrel for those is leaning against the T.V. Cabinet. AR Stoner brand, 16" in stainless .

Also found another 80 rounds of 450. More 22lr.

There's also some 7.62x39. Ammo for an AK. I don't own an AK.

Hmmm.....I wonder exactly how much ammo I really have. There's not a drawer in the house outside the kitchen that doesn't have a few loose rounds of ammo. I say outside the kitchen but I'd bet there's some in there too.

There's a P-Mag for an AK. One of the big 30 rounders.

Found the HK USP in 40S&W. I had hid it on a book shelf.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast