Thread: NASCAR announces 2020 schedule through Cup Series regular season finale weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Angry NASCAR announces 2020 schedule through Cup Series regular season finale weekend

I put the link in because of the content of the article... The part of this that pi$$es me off the most is that the August race(s) at Watkins Glen have been, as NA$CAR puts, realigned to the road course at Daytona...

https://www.jayski.com/2020/07/08/na...inale-weekend/
    Last edited by TheOldProgrammer; July 9th, 2020 at 6:19 AM.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe NASCAR is taking a big swing at the states that will allow fans to enter. Sonner or later money is going to be an issue, I would imagine.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe NASCAR is taking a big swing at the states that will allow fans to enter. Sonner or later money is going to be an issue, I would imagine.
    I think it already is...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    I think it already is...
    yeow, so do I. I don't know anyone who has ever said that the Frances were stoopid. They know how to 'make and keep a buck'....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I put the link in because of the content of the article... The part of this that pi$$es me off the most is that the August race(s) at Watkins Glen have been, as NA$CAR puts, realigned to the road course at Daytona...

https://www.jayski.com/2020/07/08/na...inale-weekend/
    New York did it to themselves since Cuomo instituted travel restrictions. People traveling to New York from the below listed states are required to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    California
    Florida
    Georgia
    Iowa
    Idaho
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    New York did it to themselves since Cuomo instituted travel restrictions. People traveling to New York from the below listed states are required to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    California
    Florida
    Georgia
    Iowa
    Idaho
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    never the less, the Frances know how to exploit any opportunity and make a buck on it and how to do that quickly. there's a lot I didn't like about the old man and more than just a little bit I don't like about the son but they can definitely make a quick (and honest) buck......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    California
    Florida
    Georgia
    Iowa
    Idaho
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Wrong!!! In an article I read yesterday, Cuomo had granted a waiver to NA$CAR for The Glen but apparently NA$CAR wants still run the race at Daytona, in a state that has seen consistently rises cases, and deaths... Explain to me where that makes any sense...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wrong!!! In an article I read yesterday, Cuomo had granted a waiver to NA$CAR for The Glen but apparently NA$CAR wants still run the race at Daytona, in a state that has seen consistently rises cases, and deaths... Explain to me where that makes any sense...
    Well excuuuuuse me.

There seems to be a difference of opinion between NASCAR and the state of New York

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/5389684002

A press release from NASCAR cited "New York state health and safety regulations" as the reason for moving that weekend's race out of Watkins Glen.
    Maybe they've put up with enough liberal nonsense for one year and don't want to deal with any of New York's.

11. LOL TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post