Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solar panels

Post Thanks / Like

Solar panels

Whose got them? I?m super interested in getting some is the hype real? Seems like you?re just replacing one payment for another. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years ago I calculated the amortization of a proposed solar panel installation and found that I would most likely expire before the cost of installation had been amortized. For a young couple planning to live in the home for at least 30 years, solar may be a reasonable purchase.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Thanks onetime thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked into them and found they aren't worth the cost. Solar panels have a estimated life span of 20-25 years. At the current cost there is no way they pay for themselves. A typical contract is for 20 years at a cost of $200 per month install plan. Unless you pay for the system upfront it's a losing gamble. So you will pay for the panels at $200 per month and unless you get a gold star system you will still have an electric bill. Add that to the monthly $200 payment and your bill will be more than you normally pay.

At my home I would have to cut trees down so the sun could actually charge the panels. That's another cost since they don't cut trees and haul away the trash for free.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

5. Thanks CenTexDave, sojourner truth, onetime thanked this post
    Likes Merrill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor has them and he is having a heck of a time keeping them clean. They put them on the side of the house that of course has the most sun time. This happens to be the west slope of his roof and they get filthy. Filthy panels cant absorb the sum like clean ones. Besides paying for them out right in a home you plan to live in for 20 years or more, they aren't all that.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. Thanks onetime, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had solar panels installed on my home for about a year now and I have to say, I'm really impressed with them. The hype is definitely real, not only am I reducing my carbon footprint, but I'm also saving a significant amount of money on my energy bills each month.

The initial cost of installation can seem daunting, but there are often financing options available that make it more affordable. Plus, many states offer incentives or tax credits for installing solar panels. Overall, I highly recommend looking into solar energy as a sustainable and cost-effective option for powering your home.

9. LOL Ludwig LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had solar panels installed on my home for about a year now and I have to say, I'm really impressed with them. The hype is definitely real, not only am I reducing my carbon footprint, but I'm also saving a significant amount of money on my energy bills each month.

The initial cost of installation can seem daunting, but there are often financing options available that make it more affordable. Plus, many states offer incentives or tax credits for installing solar panels. Overall, I highly recommend looking into solar energy as a sustainable and cost-effective option for powering your home.
    Sounds like a sales pitch.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

11. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I suspected it was a bot when it signed up. It has a Miami IP, so I approved it to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once upon a time, an elderly lady died. The relative called the police.

We show up and called an ambulance.

There was photos taken of Belton from a hill. You could see for miles. Very little trees. Belton was built on a prairie. Then I've seen other photographs from around Gatesville. Same thing. Very little trees.

The complete opposite it is now. The lush growth is relatively a recent thing.

Remember that happy Horse S about the rain forest? How are we going to breath without those trees!

There's about 440ppm of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. With some older plants thriving at 1500ppm.

The carbon footprint bull-#### is a scam. A way to tax the air you breathe. Nothing but rainbow flag fine print.

14. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solar panels are the latest take on DTV. It takes money to rent them and they seldom pay off in your lifetime. If I could simply buy the panels, have them installed, and be done with it I would get them too. Makes me wonder how all those Alaska shows that show people living off the grid and with solar panels do it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

16. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't the goal, for the cheapest energy? Isn't that what's solar panels for?

Less you have to pay for energy?

Because I'm getting the vibe that's not the case.
    Last edited by Grasshopperglock; April 30th, 2023 at 8:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast