Thread: Solar panels

Post Thanks / Like

Solar panels

Whose got them? I?m super interested in getting some is the hype real? Seems like you?re just replacing one payment for another. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years ago I calculated the amortization of a proposed solar panel installation and found that I would most likely expire before the cost of installation had been amortized. For a young couple planning to live in the home for at least 30 years, solar may be a reasonable purchase.

There is neither freedom nor unity for any nation unless it truly lives "under God."

3. Thanks onetime thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked into them and found they aren't worth the cost. Solar panels have a estimated life span of 20-25 years. At the current cost there is no way they pay for themselves. A typical contract is for 20 years at a cost of $200 per month install plan. Unless you pay for the system upfront it's a losing gamble. So you will pay for the panels at $200 per month and unless you get a gold star system you will still have an electric bill. Add that to the monthly $200 payment and your bill will be more than you normally pay.

At my home I would have to cut trees down so the sun could actually charge the panels. That's another cost since they don't cut trees and haul away the trash for free.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

5. Thanks CenTexDave, sojourner truth, onetime thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor has them and he is having a heck of a time keeping them clean. They put them on the side of the house that of course has the most sun time. This happens to be the west slope of his roof and they get filthy. Filthy panels cant absorb the sum like clean ones. Besides paying for them out right in a home you plan to live in for 20 years or more, they aren't all that.
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

7. Thanks onetime, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post