Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bowyer is Triggering the Snowflakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have relatives who were hanged, drawn, and quartered for being Catholic. My father, a civil engineer exempt from military service, was killed by a USAF delivered bomb which had been aimed at a red cross painted on the roof of a hospital but which overshot its target. We all have a history. Rather than wallowing in that history it's better to move on to a brighter future.
    well, wallowing is one thing, but remembering is something else entirely different......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have relatives who were hanged, drawn, and quartered for being Catholic. My father, a civil engineer exempt from military service, was killed by a USAF delivered bomb which had been aimed at a red cross painted on the roof of a hospital but which overshot its target. We all have a history. Rather than wallowing in that history it's better to move on to a brighter future.
    I don't think the USAF existed during WWII, but I'm getting old and my memory fails me at times. After a quick search the USAF was established as a separate service on September 18, 1947. Before that date it was a part of the US Army.
    Last edited by Night Owl; June 17th, 2020 at 1:13 AM.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I added the boldface to the quote, because there have been NUMEROUS stories like this in modern warfare. Often they're called "friendly fire" incidents. Sometimes, they are 'swept under the rug' to avoid having to do an investigation into how it happened. Maybe the bomb was dropped early. Maybe a release mechanism failed. Maybe the shooter didn't make a correct identification of his target. Maybe someone was at a location they should not have been...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a Field Artilleryman who was found to be dyslexic, confusing 3's for 8's. Thankfully it was discovered during registration checks....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. LOL sojourner truth, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    I added the boldface to the quote, because there have been NUMEROUS stories like this in modern warfare. Often they're called "friendly fire" incidents. Sometimes, they are 'swept under the rug' to avoid having to do an investigation into how it happened. Maybe the bomb was dropped early. Maybe a release mechanism failed. Maybe the shooter didn't make a correct identification of his target. Maybe someone was at a location they should not have been...
    I have to make a correction to the earlier posting. I ascribed the bombing to the USAF. That was incorrect since the USAF only come into existence in 1947. I should have written the USAAF, the United States Army Air Force.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understood what you meant.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was the US Army Air Corp. Not that it makes much of a difference, really.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I thought it was the US Army Air Corp. Not that it makes much of a difference, really.
    Aeronautical Division, Signal Corps (1 August 1907 – 18 July 1914)
    Aviation Section, Signal Corps (18 July 1914 – 20 May 1918)
    Division of Military Aeronautics (20 May 1918 – 24 May 1918)
    Air Service, U.S. Army (24 May 1918 – 2 July 1926)
    U.S. Army Air Corps (2 July 1926 – 20 June 1941)
    U.S. Army Air Forces (20 June 1941 – 17 September 1947)
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

12. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2