Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR bans Confederate Flag

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is great news!
    Why is it great news? Because NASCAR snowflakes bowed to SJW snowflakes?

Have you ever even watched a race? If so, did you even seen a Confederate flag while you were watching that race? I didn't think so.

Slavery existed under the United States flag. Should we ban that for you as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, when everything is free, one does not need to know any math. Much simpler, dontcha know.

Like my soldier who kept bouncing checks many years ago. When I pulled him into my office and asked him why he was bouncing checks, he just looked stunned and said "But top, there are still checks in the book"....
    That is no lie about checks in the checkbook. Saw more than my share of those guys at the County Attorney's Office for hot checks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Slavery existed under the United States flag. Should we ban that for you as well?
    Careful, now, don't give them any ideas.
    I tell you what, though, that state in the Pacific Northwest is gonna have to rename the whole damn state, since it was named after a slave holder.

4. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... And many places will have to do the same. Columbus Ohio being one of them. Guess they will next have to think of new, PC names for a lot of stuff. Like renaming NYC and the surrounding area Broccoli. Brooklyn sounds too racist. Unless the Vegans take exception to the use of a perfectly good vegetable in umbrage.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    T... Sins of the past are past. It is the sins of the present that need to be maturely addressed.
    Since we have thrown God out, it makes no sense to speak of sin. There is no recognition of sin these days. One can do whatever one wants as long as it does no "harm" to another, they say.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, success requires effort, and... education. Blacks very often cite the fact (supposedly) that they are not afforded the same educational opportunities that whites are.

Seems to me that 2 plus 2 still equals 4 no matter who teaches it. Unless one is into Einsteinian theories and alternative physics, or maybe new math. The new math doesn't care if you get the right answer or not, only that you make some sort of token effort.
    Know your history. Minorities were and as recently as 8 years ago were denied opportunities to live in affluent or even middle class neighborhoods. I have a better chance of receiving a home loan at a lower rate then a minority under the exact same circumstances. You also likely think that minorities have the same opportunity for success as whites in the military. Either way when you boil it down if you don?t live in a good neighborhood then you?re likely not going to send your kids to a high end school. Let?s turn back to housing, if your grandparents and parents had the opportunity to buy home and minorities weren?t afforded that same opportunity well that?s an instance of generational wealth that one group missed out on that the others did not. Same for college opportunities, but I?m sure you think that black people were accepted at the same rate as whites to college. Let?s not forget that segregation wasn?t that long ago where blacks attended ran down underfunded schools. If you?re black and in your 60s you experienced de Jure and de facto segregation (doubt half of you all will know what those terms are, just saying). Those people are now likely grandparents, what?s the chance that they have anything to pass down to their children or grandchildren? Land? Money? A house? Not sure why you pseudo educated wanna be?s try to pass off your covert and overt thoughts as if you truly read a book or have a clue but again it is what it is. I?ll leave it at this it?s less about blacks and white and more about the haves and the have nots. The haves merely limiting the amount of opportunities for the have nots which make people fight over the small scraps that are left over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    Maybe we could have "Fort Sitting Bull", or "Fort Crazy Horse" to honor the Natives whose lands we stole. The Native American population was decimated - wrongfully.
    You must've missed the stories on the clamor from the riled up Libs a few years ago who DEMANDED that ALL of the things named for Native Americans and/or their tribes be renamed...because those namings were not done...with enough respect? I forgot the exact why now. Sorry.

EVERYTHING MUST BE CHANGED! No more flying Comanche and Apache helicopters. No more going to Florida Seminole football games (that college noted then that IT had the permission FROM the tribal leadership, to name the sports teams there after the Seminole tribe! As to the Washington Redskins? That name is flatout racist, the Libs screamed)
    No more naming consumer products after Native American tribes (Indian motorcycles?) Jeep would have to stop building the Cherokee or rename it (but does it get to keep building and selling the Grand Cherokee??)

They even forced the Cleveland Indians to drop the 'Chief Wahoo' logo because it was "offensive". Rick will be along soon to add his comments about that brouhaha...

HEY NOW...why not just COMPLETELY STOP naming things after ANY "famous people" entirely! No more Ronald Reagan High School...no more Reverend Dr, Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Know your history. Minorities were and as recently as 8 years ago were denied opportunities to live in affluent or even middle class neighborhoods.
    Lies of the left!

Do you really believe that eight years ago, no black person lived in an affluent or middle class neighborhood?

I should stop responding right there because you are flat out lying. Tell Dr. Ben Carson that.

I have a better chance of receiving a home loan at a lower rate then a minority under the exact same circumstances.
    Lie!

You also likely think that minorities have the same opportunity for success as whites in the military.
    Were you ever in the military? Didn't think so. Yet, here you are pretending to be a military expert.

Either way when you boil it down if you don?t live in a good neighborhood then you?re likely not going to send your kids to a high end school.
    Well, when you look at how many black fathers aren't even raising their kids, I suppose you will blame whitey for that too.

Let?s turn back to housing, if your grandparents and parents had the opportunity to buy home and minorities weren?t afforded that same opportunity well that?s an instance of generational wealth that one group missed out on that the others did not.
    So, what difference does that make. My grandparents owned homes, guess what I got when my parents died...Nada and I am not sitting around whining about it. I guess, if I had your mindset, I should cry about it, boo####inghoo!

If you?re black and in your 60s you experienced de Jure and de facto segregation (doubt half of you all will know what those terms are, just saying).
    Look at you, pretending to be so highly educated just because you took an elective social justice warrior class. Try living life and then come here and lecture us

Those people are now likely grandparents, what?s the chance that they have anything to pass down to their children or grandchildren? Land? Money? A house?
    Again, I got nothing from my parents. In fact, my sister and I had to pay to put my dad in a home at the end of his life, so why aren't you out "social justice warrioring" on my behalf?

Not sure why you pseudo educated wanna be?s try to pass off your covert and overt thoughts as if you truly read a book or have a clue but again it is what it is. I?ll leave it at this it?s less about blacks and white and more about the haves and the have nots. The haves merely limiting the amount of opportunities for the have nots which make people fight over the small scraps that are left over.
    Pseudo educated? You are an arrogant little brat aren't you? Those you are talking to could write books about their experiences. The only thing you KNOW is what some liberal professor and teacher indoctrinated into your head. Try living life! It'll teach you real lessons.

10. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes gnatsum, ithoughtso, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    They even forced the Cleveland Indians to drop the 'Chief Wahoo' logo because it was "offensive". Rick will be along soon to add his comments about that brouhaha...
    I'm so pissed at MLB right now. The damn unions are screwing it all up.

HEY NOW...why not just COMPLETELY STOP naming things after ANY "famous people" entirely! No more Ronald Reagan High School...no more Reverend Dr, Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard...
    I wonder why our resident pseudo-social justice warrior, onetime, hasn't mentioned Robert Byrd, the esteemed Senator from West Virginia who has a bevy of things named after him and even a statue in the capital on West Virginia despite the FACT that he was a very high member of the Ku Klux Klan. Maybe the left should get their own house in order before demanding justice from those who never committed an injustice against his cause.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm so pissed at MLB right now. The damn unions are screwing it all up.

I wonder why our resident pseudo-social justice warrior, onetime, hasn't mentioned Robert Byrd, the esteemed Senator from West Virginia who has a bevy of things named after him and even a statue in the capital on West Virginia despite the FACT that he was a very high member of the Ku Klux Klan. Maybe the left should get their own house in order before demanding justice from those who never committed an injustice against his cause.
    Robert Byrd gets a pass, he was a Democrat.....and that is the hypocrisy of the left....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast