Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Police Are Complicit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read.The.Federalist.Papers.

Read the writingd of Justice Marshall. Of Alexis D’Toqueville. Any other contemporary. Like this guy:

Great confusion about the words democracy, aristocracy, monarchy...Democracy in my sense, where the whole power of the government in the people, whether exercised by themselves or by representatives, chosen by them either mediately or immediately and legally accountable to them...Consequence, the proposed government a representative democracy...Constitution revocable and alterable by the people. This representative democracy as far as is consistent with its genius has all the features of good government.”

Alexander Hamilton, on the Constitution, 1788

Do some studying. It’s really okay the founding fathers were not in lock-step. It’s okay today, too, despite what you dear leader may say.
    Wasn't D'Toqueville the one who also said that democracy contains the seeds for its own destruction?
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

2. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing - but I have seen many on here argue that some issues, such as bonds, tax increases, etc., should be subject to a vote of the people. While plebiscites are rare in this Country, surely those who argue for them must realize that a plebiscite is totally foreign to the concept of a republic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw an interesting sci-fi show about a spaceship that landed on a totally democratic planet. Everyone had a digital device and the entire population voted on everything. ANd I mean from what you had for breakfast to whom should be put to death for being "unliked" by enough people.

Any time you have a true democracy, everyone gets to vote on every decision made. Takes too much time and effort for us so we elect people who are supposed to represent us. But then they really only represent those who elected them, and that is also why we have an electoral college. So that a majority cannot crap all over the minority. If we didn't have one, only NY and California need show up at the polls. Which would be great for democrats... But, alas, we have that pesky EC in the way so that liberals cannot dictate how and what the rest of us people think and do. You know, us uneducated bumpkins that hug our guns and Bibles and live in fly over country.

5. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Wasn't D'Toqueville the one who also said that democracy contains the seeds for its own destruction?
    no sir......that be brother karl marx......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Read.The.Federalist.Papers.
    I have read a few, and nowhere, including your own cites, do they refute that we are a republic.

Do some studying. It’s really okay the founding fathers were not in lock-step. It’s okay today, too, despite what you dear leader may say.
    Still pushing your communist party lines?

I guess he was anti-American, because he did not promote “a republic”:

“Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.”
    -Ronald Reagan
    HE wasn't a lawyer, and still, he doesn't refute that we are a republic.

Not for nothing - but I have seen many on here argue that some issues, such as bonds, tax increases, etc., should be subject to a vote of the people. While plebiscites are rare in this Country, surely those who argue for them must realize that a plebiscite is totally foreign to the concept of a republic.
    For bonds and tax increases on a local level, maybe, but I don't recall any major participant on here advocating for such things on a national level.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    There you go, Mestral, pure sophistry............

Anyway, THIS guy was a lawyer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abe.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	8746
    Last edited by txswimmer; May 26th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There you go, Mestral, pure sophistry............

Anyway, THIS guy was a lawyer:
    Let me see if I can explain this a little clearer:
    A Republic is a democracy, but not every democracy is a Republic.

This is getting to be like explaining geometry to an eight grader:
    A square is like a rectangle, but not every rectangle is a square.
    A circle is a loop, but not every loop is a circle.

Generally, this isn't an argument that I would bother with,
    the fact that the government is completely and utterly restricted
    in its actions, by the Constitution AND our Inalienable Rights,
    and that all laws out side of that contract are void, is much more
    important to me:

But it seems like a lawyer would know the difference between
    a democracy and a Republic. The fact that you will argue, without
    acknowledging the difference, and which one we are, is very
    troubling, considering that you hold yourself out to be a lawyer.

I mean, if America is replete with lawyers that can't get the basics
    of our foundation right, how sorry is the profession that is supposed
    to be guarding our citizens against the tyranny of a government
    of men, rather than a government of law.
    Last edited by Mestral; May 26th, 2020 at 3:14 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, most times, lawyers have a hard time understanding the concept of God given rights. Judicial types tend to think that all things must flow from them, and that there are no things that do not. Or that they have some sort of power over what God has given people. I think we have seen lately that this concept is not taken to heart by Americans very much. Tell a Texan he can't own a gun and watch the fight. And, it seems that idea has spread around a bit, especially when some elected windbag decides it is convenient to rein in on peoples God given rights.

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with God-given rights to some people is that, if those people are atheists, then there is no "God" to 'give' those rights.
    Then there's the "interpretation" of those rights. There was a time. long ago, when many of those rights were believed to be applicable SOLELY to white men, not blacks or other races. The phrase "all men are created equal" was not applied to certain groups back then, according to some Government officials...but THAT was a long time ago.
    Last edited by gnatsum; May 26th, 2020 at 4:36 PM. Reason: typinmty mewistakes

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of rights, Mike Tirico, a sports announcer does this "The more you know" commercial on NBC about the right to education. He starts off by saying we all have the basic rights to food water, and shelter. Did I miss something? I thought those were needs. I think there is a difference. Anyway here is the spot, maybe I am AFU, I dont know....

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IC77/the-mor...ng-mike-tirico
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast